Showers

Wavy Jeans

Wavy Jeans

An intensely bright blue. Signifies a calm, clear-minded, and altruistic individual who spreads their generosity among strangers and close friends.

 Signifies a calm, clear-minded, and altruistic individual who spreads their generosity among strangers and close friends

~

~

~

I didn't have soap in the shower.

It was a Thursday night after practice. I decided to shower in the locker room since I was dripping sweat and full of chalk after high bar work. Costa and Donnell were the only others in the gym, as all the other groups had already left. 

Our group trains from 8 AM to 8 PM, unlike the others who stop at 4 PM. Even when the main gym isn't available because the women's gymnastics team is training, we're practicing in other rooms. Always training. Constantly sweating. Toiling under pressure.

So I was in the shower, trying to wash off the remnant of hard work. And I didn't have soap.

"Ughhh!" I didn't mean for my groan of disappointment to be as loud as it was. Alas, my voice carried and echoed poignantly off of the tiles. Someone else HAD to hear it. Or should I say, someone else whom I really didn't want to hear it, did.

"Jeon?" I heard Costa yelling in the locker room, a curious note in his timbre. "What's wrong?"

What the hell, I thought. Might as well ask him to get my soap so I don't have to leave the shower. "I don't have soap! Could you...could you grab my soap from my locker?"

"Yes!" Costa appeared ready to help. "Which locker is yours?"

 Gritting my teeth in an unconscious grin, I smacked the shower wall. Water flung in the private stall, and I shook my head at the tile. "You know which locker is mine!"

Silence, as a response. So he was being a smartass. I groaned. 

"The one next to yours, Costa!"