IV

I wake up to a strong pain in my head. It's not the kind of pain you feel when you hit your head, but more like the kind when there's so much pressure inside your skull that you are immobilized. It's not a good pain.

When it stops, I open my eyes, realizing I'm in an unfamiliar place. I immediately get scared and jerk up, but I'm stopped by restraints on my wrists and ankles. Everything about where I am and how I got here comes back to me. I struggle against the restraints more now, but they won't budge. All of the pain from the ship-wreck and trudging in the cold are viciously threatening to knock me back out, but it doesn't stop me from continuing to try to break free.

"It's no use," a mechanical voice says from behind me. I try to crane my head around to see who is speaking, but I can't.

I hear only footsteps following that statement before the dark hooded figure from before steps into view.

Kylo Ren.

The cell I'm in now is much larger than the one I was held in on the ship. I have no idea where this new cell is, for when they landed the ship, they tranquilized me. This must be their base.

While I was in my cell, I tried to remember anything I could about someone that could be a leader like this Kylo Ren. Even though my life as a servant was very non-informing, I overheard many conversations about the First Order. I don't specifically remember hearing this Hooded man's name, but no doubt he's a leader of theirs of some type. I mean, why else would he get the best ship in the fleet that I had seen earlier?

"So, tell me," he begins slowly, my fear building up, but also my curiosity. "Who are you with?"

I give him a look, having no clue what he's talking about.

"I'm with no one," I reply simply, really wanting to cross my arms but realizing there are restraints around my wrists. The defiance within me is rising, slowly beginning to overtake my fear.

"It would be wise not to lie. Are you with the resistance?" He asks, getting closer to me. His voice annoys me.

"No, I'm not with the resistance," I tell him, narrowing my eyes at him. "I don't even know what the fuck the resistance is."

"I said, you shouldn't lie," he growls, slamming up against where I'm restrained, grabbing my arms at my elbows. "I'll just have to take the answers from you."

Suddenly, I feel immense pain that paralyzes me. I can't move a single muscle, but my eyes are locked on his mask. I feel sharp pains every now and then, almost as if they're scraping across my brain, talons dragging across the flesh. My body tries to release a scream, but even my vocal cords are immobilized.

After what feels like an eternity of agonizing pain, it stops. "You're not with the resistance." He steps away from me and turns his back. My fear is now rapidly overtaking the defiance I felt earlier. What is this man? What did he just do to me?

"That's what I said. I have no reason to lie to you," I say quickly, mad and fearful about the pain I suffered and exhausted from it. It still lingers.

"Then who are you?" He yells, whipping back around to face me. He is heaving, his breaths causing his shoulders to fall alarmingly quick. My warring emotions take their time to battle out which will get to respond. Will my fear cripple me into crying, or will my defiance cause me to respond boldly?

I take a moment to answer him, contemplating the better option. He walks around me, like a predator circling its prey.

"Who are you?"