XVIII

Alright, so kicking Bane's arse was not as easy as I thought it would be.

As it turns out, pilots are trained in combat almost as well as they are trained in combat piloting.

Bane overpowers me easily, but he's instructive as he trains with me.

"You lose your balance because you forget it's importance," Bane informs me, using his staff to poke the inside of my foot, getting me to move it outwards more. "Worry about this first. The rest will come."

Bane strikes again, but this time, I counter it easier than ever before.

We continue to battle. Despite my improved balance technique, I still falter, and Bane is able to strike against me.

The difference between Bane and Kylo, though, is that when Bane lets his staff touch my skin, he does so gently and not as if he is actually battling me. He is training me as if that's exactly what it is: training.

He strikes above my head and I successfully block it, resulting in a smile on his face.

"Good," he says, a grin spreading across his face. He relaxes, bringing his staff down to his side.

Sweat beads at his forehead and a bit rolls down the side of his temple as he turns and walks to the wall of weapons, placing his staff on it before reaching for mine. I walk towards him and hand it to him.

"We'll take a break for now," he says, grabbing his water and taking a big chug. I watch his throat as he swallows and remember the way his lips felt against mine and how my fingers felt in his hair.

This new feeling, this new desire, is itching at me every chance it gets. I'm not complaining, but it's so odd that I always want more from him. I don't even know what more entails but I definitely know that kissing is involved. As a slave, I often had to stand in the corner and watch as my master fuddled in the sheets, ready to assist in whatever way I was told to. Most of the time I would just bring towlettes to her after the act was over. Regardless, I have never actually had sex or anything even close to it.

I decide to talk to clear my mind.

"Don't you have some super official pilot duties that you should be doing instead of spending time helping me?" I ask him, grinning as I step closer to him so that I may reach past him and grab my water bottle.

"Not today," he says cryptically, shrugging when I look at him. I raise an eyebrow, not asking any further questions. Instead, I grab the shirt I pulled off and wipe my forehead with it.

I casually look over to Bane who is pulling up the bottom of his shirt to wipe his forehead off. While his shirt is lifted, I happen to notice the definition of his abdomen and absentmindedly reach my hand out to touch it.

I don't know what came over me to make me want to do such a thing, but I know I always wanted to run my fingers down Kylo's shirtless figure and never had the guts to do so. With Bane, though, I show no trace of being shy as I press my fingers against his skin.

It catches him by surprise at first as he flinches slightly. He looks down at me with surprise before stepping forward into my touch.

Shocked, I yank my hand back.

"Sorry," I say, looking down, finally feeling bashful about my action.

"No, it's okay," Bane says lowly, grabbing my wrist to pull my hand back up to his now-covered abdomen. He lifts his shirt with his opposite hand before pressing my hand against his hot skin.

I look up at him cautiously before running my hand down the defines of his stomach, letting my fingers roll over each muscle as he pulls his shirt off completely. I stop short of his waistband, letting my fingertips rest against his skin.

Suddenly, Bane grabs my wrist with a bit more force than before, catching my attention as I look up to him. Within seconds, he leans forward and captures my lips in a caress that now seems normal for us to share.

This kiss is more passionate and driven than any of our previous ones as he pulls me forcefully towards him. It surprises me and elicits a gasp from me. As a result of my mouth opening in a gasp, Bane's tongue slips into my mouth.

At first, I think it was a mistake that his tongue ended up in my mouth, but in a short matter of time, I know that is not the case.

The deliberate movements of his tongue send me into a curious frenzy in which all I want is more, so I push back with my own tongue.

I thought the feeling of a simple kiss was foreign and exhilarating, but this–this is something else entirely.

It seems to me with the way Bane's tongue pushes against mine that we are in a sort of battle, a war of dominance. It's strange yet alluring to me, which has me yearning for more. It has my insides heating up to an intense temperature and I feel tingles in places I have never felt before. I also feel a hardness against my abdomen as he presses himself into me.

Pulling on Bane's hair to bring his face closer to me, I feel him move his hands from my wrist and elbow down to my legs. For a brief moment they pass over my bottom before he grips the back of my thighs and lifts me. Instinctively, I wrap my legs around his waist. His hands rest under my butt as he holds me up and I swear he squeezed.

Suddenly, all I can feel is the heat of his chest and stomach against the heat of mine and I arch into him, trying to get as much contact as possible. It seems as if it's a reflex.

I pull away to gasp for air, something I had been trying to delay but as I do so, Bane's teeth latch on to my bottom lip and tug on it before finally releasing it. After this, our lips reunite in their dance.

I run my hands down from his hair and to the arms that hold me up against him, digging my fingers into the flesh and muscle in some sort of attempt to release whatever tension it is that seems to be digging at my chest and at my core.

Bane grunts in response, flexing his arms as he tightens his hold on me.

Our tongues are in an aggressive battle, but before they can finish, I hear the slamming of the door against the wall just before I go flying out of Bane's grip, hitting my head against the floor.