VI

It has been an enormous amount of time since Kylo Ren left me with the ultimatum. In that time, a servant was sent to me to clean up my wounds and give me a change of clothing. There was a large gash on my side that had gotten infected due to it being untreated for so long, so some medical sprays and ointments were applied, and it almost instantly healed. All of the other cuts and bruises were taken care of in the same manner and I was truly shocked that there was such a serum that could heal me so quickly.

I passed the time thinking about his hazel eyes and the way his voice sounded without the mask's interference. Someone I have no history on, and yet he seems to be the most powerful person on this ship. Oh, and I also thought about what my answer to his offer would be.

The sound of the doors opening brings me from my daze which was caused by boredom. I look up as a person in a chrome-armored suit comes into view and starts to release my restraints.

"What's going on?" I ask, a little fear in my voice.

"I'm taking you to Lord Ren and the Supreme Leader," the person replies, surprising me when I hear even past the mechanical sound that it's a woman. Is this what Kylo will make me wear? Because I haven't seen any other women. Honestly, I do not want to wear some metal suit—it doesn't look breathable at all. And every time she sets a food on the ground, it makes this weird metallic whooshing sound. I would get so annoyed to hear that all the time.

After my restraints are removed, she grabs my arm and pulls me to a fully standing position before pushing me out of the room and along through corridors unfamiliar to me. I struggle to walk properly in her grip as she basically drags me to my destination. For a suit that seems so restrictive, she seems to have no problem manipulating me whilst wearing it. We stop in front of a door and she commands me to stay in place before dropping my arm and leaving.

I look around, desperately wanting to go somewhere and possibly escape, but two storm troopers are stationed next to the door, so I am trapped.

I rock on my feet, wondering what I'm waiting for.

"Have you made your decision?" Kylo Ren's altered voice asks from behind me, scaring me. I jump, turning around quickly to face him.

Have I made my decision? What if I am trapped here forever as a slave and I never get to truly live my life? I could go back to the way I was before I escaped, just with different masters. Yet, if I don't agree, I will probably just be killed and not to get to live a life at all.

If I join, I would potentially have a home, a place where I can grow as a person and never have to go back to how I was before.

But I actually don't know anything about what I would be joining. I know it's the First Order, which I grew up hearing mixed opinions about. They basically rule the Galaxy. But I know so little about what they actually are. And who is to say that I won't have to wear a shiny suit and a mask to hide my face like so many others here.

"You're still unsure. Perhaps this will fix that," he says, grabbing my arm and yanking me forward. He turns to me, speaking to me in a dark, stern voice. "You address him as Supreme Leader and you give the utmost respect. He is not as forgiving as I, and any amount of disrespect will not go unpunished."

That was enough to scare me into straightening up. It seems even Kylo Ren has some sort of fear for this person so I would be wise to listen to him.

He nods before walking and opening the door. I follow him, unsure of what could be behind the door.

The room is dark. We walk on a strip all the way until a small platform for us to stand on. I follow whatever Kylo Ren does.

My hands shaking, I can feel the fear that pumps through my veins as it turns to adrenaline. This adrenaline, however, I cannot use so it gives me tremors. I don't even know what I am afraid of exactly, yet I can't stop the shaking.