XII

Kylo hasn't shown up to training for three days now. It's quite annoying seeing as I have literally nothing else to do.

Sure, it was my fault that he was so mad, but he infuriates me as well. I shouldn't feel bad about it, but I do.

It's as though when I am around him, I become extra defiant. In my old life, I would never treat my master in such a way but Kylo continually lets me get away with it, so I do as I wish. It's gratifying not to have to constantly hold my tongue.

I also might slightly enjoy pushing Kylo's buttons—the look on his face as the anger slowly, or quickly, sets in, the narrowing of his eyes, the way his body heats up—

It seems as though I enjoy the attention, even if the attention is from anger.

After staying in my room for so long today, I head to the commissary to get something to eat. I was just going to stay in my room as long as I could, but food is so important that I couldn't deny my growing hunger. Plus, the food here is surprisingly good.

I enter, quickly loading my plate with hearty food that is way better than anything I'd ever eaten as a servant. The troopers, who are all chatting over their food about some new enemy to the first order, usually complain about it but for me it's great.

As I walk towards the drink bar to grab a bottle of blue juice, I hear someone call out. "Hey, Lyra!"

Turning my hips slightly, my eyes land on the pilot I met before the incident with Kylo the other day—Bane.

"Hey!" I greet him as he approaches me. I'm glad to see his smiling—and rather attractive—face.

"Are you about to head out or are you staying in here to eat?" He asks with a gentle, inviting enthusiasm.

"I usually just eat in my room or eat on the go because of training, but..." I trail off, realizing how sad and lonely my statement is.

"You should sit with us today. I'll take your plate back to the table so you can get a drink." He doesn't wait for me to agree to the plan before taking my plate from my hand and walking away. With a small smile tugging at my lips, I head to the drink station and grab two bottles.

I turn around to find him sitting at a populated table, instantly feeling nervous. I don't care for many other people here as they are all incredibly rude or bland.

I sit down in the seat next to him, taking notice of the other people at the table. Most of them are pilots, but some of them are troopers.

I give everyone a small smile, slightly uncomfortable to be sitting at a table with them. I have never eaten lunch with anyone here.

"Who is this, Bane?" One of them, a dark-skinned, muscular man asks, smiling at me. Another smile from a different person is refreshing. Who knew people even had teeth here?

"That's Lord Ren's girl," Another, a freckled brunette sitting on the other side of Bane, answers. I choke on the drink I just started gulping. This of course causes me to start coughing.

Bane puts a light, comforting hand on my back as I continue coughing out the liquid that I inhaled at the mention of me being Kylo's girl. Just the idea of what that could insinuate gives me shivers...both the good and the bad kind.

"This is Lyra," he corrects, looking at me to do the rest of the introduction as my breathing returns to normal. Eyebrow cocked and mouth turned up into a curious smirk, Bane awaits my answer.

I raise an eyebrow, wondering what I'm supposed to say. I look around and see everyone at the table, seeing them look at me expectantly. The one who called me Lord Ren's girl looks at me as though I am a piece of rubbish.