XXV

"I will not be killing anyone," I tell him sternly, all attraction to him leaving me at that moment. All I felt for him was anger and hatred.

After the initial shock of him telling me I had to learn how to kill people, I was infuriated, and I was reminded of why I used to hate him. Of course, I never really stopped hating him, I just covered I with different feelings. How could I let myself actually start to be attracted to this monster?

His words reminded me of when I was scared of him and what he did to Bane and why I even met him in the first place.

Kylo had no problem killing anyone. His reputation shows that he never has had a problem with it.

I've learned how to fight, defend, and take care of myself all because that was what he wanted me to do. I took his relentless training and beatings and tireless work to become this tool for him to use and despite my attitude and minor protests, I became exactly what he wanted me to be, but I will not be a killer.

"You will do what I ask of you," Kylo responds firmly, dropping the knife that is in his hand on the table and taking a calculated step toward me.

I narrow my eyes at him and instead of taking a step away from him, I step towards him in a challenging way.

"I'm not killing anyone," I repeat, my voice nearly a growl. This isn't something I will submit to.

"You will!" He yells, his anger rising quickly as he glares at me.

I step closer to him, using the strength he's taught me to stand up to him in a more confident way than I ever used to.

"Try all you want, you can't make me do anything," I say, testing him. We are now chest to chest, and I push against him with my hands. He doesn't budge.

A laugh leaves his mouth next and I feel the vibrations of it as he grabs my hands and pulls them away from his body.

"I can make you do whatever I want you to do," he replies calmly, a devious grin on his face.

"What are you talking about? I've never—" I try to argue with him, but my words are cut off as soon as Kylo's lips touch mine.

Again, I'm shocked at his actions but I don't protest whatsoever. Despite my burning fury for him, I immediately react, kissing back fervently, moving my hands to his hair as soon as he releases my wrists to place his hands on my bare waist.

Our mouths push against each other as they move and I use my hands in his hair to pull him closer to me, our bodies pressing together more. The anger I feel for him bleeds into the kiss as I move harshly against him, conflicted as to whether I'm still angered with him or just turned on.

The kiss only lasts a few seconds longer when I remember how this got started in the first place.

I quickly push him away and glare at him.

"You can't control me." I cross my arms and cock my hip out, the kiss still lingering in my mind but my anger more present. Regardless, my clit still throbs for him.

Kylo turns away from me and puts on his cloak and his mask, walking towards the door to leave, my glare following him the whole way. He turns back before he opens the door and faces me. He lifts a hand and suddenly I cannot move a muscle and my breathing is restricted. I don't react at all, not wanting to give him what he wants.

"You will give into me," his masked figure says in its electronic tone. The increasing pressure I feel in my skull is a direct result of the power he is wielding with his hand.

I grit my teeth, unable to move my jaw enough to speak. The glare in my eyes says what my mouth can't.

"We train tomorrow. If you are not here on time, there will be consequences."

~

As soon as I step into the training room, I'm attacked by a man I've never seen before. He knocks me to the floor and begins to swing at me, trying to get his hands on my throat.

After the initial surprise, I start fighting back, using my best hand-to-hand defense and eventually wrestling him to where he is on the floor below me. The man struggles to fight against me as I strategically use my body, which is much smaller than his, to my own advantage to hold him down and make my own attack against him.

"Who are you?" I grind out as the two of us battle. I'm not completely able to hold him off. I don't know if I have the strength or endurance to hold him off for very long.

"I brought him," I hear from behind us, distracting me enough to cause me to lose the upper hand of the fight.

I grunt as I'm knocked to my back and lose my breath. I block a potential blow from this guy before hooking my legs between his and around his legs before flipping us and holding him down, using the leverage I have on his legs to keep him still while I grab his meaty hands and hold them to the ground, hissing as he tries to get out of my grip.

"Here, Lyra," Kylo says as he slides a knife along the floor to me. I reach to grab it but when I release this man's hand, he grabs my throat and my grip on him loosens and he flips us over, keeping my hand out of reach of the knife.

The man's hands stay on my neck, constricting my breathing as he slowly crushes my windpipe.

Kylo uses his force to move the knife to where it touches my fingertips and I hear his voice as he gives me an ultimatum.

"Either you kill him, or he kills you."

My mind hazes and I start to feel light-headed, reaching for the knife in desperate need of air.

I refuse to kill someone. I can't do it. I won't.

My hand claws at the man's hands over my neck and I try desperately to get him off of me without using the knife in my hand.

"Lyra! If you don't act now you die!" Kylo's voice calls out, a hint of concern in his tone.

My eyes burning with tears, and my lungs burning from oxygen deprivation, my body acts in desperation as I grip the knife harder and shove it into my opponent's abdomen.

He groans, his grip on my neck disappearing as he falls away from me.

I lurch up, trying desperately to get as much oxygen into my lungs as possible. I breath quickly and deeply, feeling my throat burn as I take in oxygen.

I begin coughing, my vision coming back to normal as my oxygen replenishes. It's still not enough but I continue to breathe as deeply as possible.

"You did okay," Kylo says, making his way towards me. Despite the fact that I just stabbed someone, I'm disappointed to hear that Kylo only said that I did okay.

Once my head stops spinning, I look over to the man I just shoved a knife into as he holds onto the knife, moaning softly. Tears immediately come to my eyes.

I slide away from where the man lays, whimpering in disbelief.

"You didn't stab him effectively. You have to make sure you damage vital organs."

"Are you kidding me?" I screech, tears spilling over wildly. He takes a step closer to me and offers me a hand. I don't take it at first, but after considering, I do.

As soon as I'm standing, I slap Kylo as hard as I can and definitely harder than I did last time.

Kylo uses his force to send me flying across the room and I hit the wall, banging my head before falling to the ground.

"You're not leaving this room until he's dead." Kylo directs his attention to the man on the ground. "But if you kill her, I'll see to it that you get a promotion."

With that, Kylo grabs his things and storms out of the room.