Chapter 1: Where It All Began

A/N I am so excited to have finally started this story. I have been wanting to write this for a while now and I just had some free time, so I thought, why not. I hope you all enjoy the story as much as I will writing it. Also, updates will be completely irregular, just to warn you all. I really don't know when I will update, especially with school starting up again soon. Hope you enjoy my Marauders era fanfic. (Above is a picture of what I imagine my OC, Jasmine, looks like)

Warning: Slight Mentions of Child abuse and Alcohol abuse ahead, please be advised. If this triggers you, feel free to skip over it. I won't be going too in depth into the any of the abuse.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or anything in this story that appears to come from anything Harry Potter related. The only thing that I own in this story is my OC, Jasmine, as well as the plot of this story.

Lily hadn't seen her cousin Jasmine since last summer. Now her family was going to visit her mother's sister and Jasmine for Jasmine's 15th birthday in July. It was the summer before Lily's fifth year at Hogwarts. She was excited to go back. Her troubles with Petunia were only increasing and her parents weren't really aware of it or at least weren't really doing anything about it. This is why Lily was so glad that Petunia decided to stay home for Jasmine's 15th birthday. She was Lily's favorite cousin and the only one that was a witch just like her, which is part of why Petunia elected to stay home.

Jasmine and Lily didn't see each other much, though. Jasmine, unlike Lily, didn't go to Hogwarts. Instead, she went to Beauxbatons Academy in Southern France because that is where her father went. It wasn't until after he graduated that he met Jasmine's mother, considering that she is a Muggle.

Unfortunately, Jasmine's father died shortly after she started her first year at Beauxbatons Academy. It was a terrible time, and Lily felt so bad for her cousin. She didn't know what it was like to lose someone like that or even just someone that close to her before. Lily had never experienced that before, but she could only imagine the amount of grief that Jasmine was going through. She wished that she could have been there for her, but since they lived so far away, and Lily had just started her first year at Hogwarts, her parents decided it would be best if she stayed at Hogwarts for the time being.

Ever since then, Lily has made sure to see Jasmine at least once every summer. She was worried about her. The first time that she visited her after the death of her father was shortly after she got home from Hogwarts. She went over to her house after begging her parents to visit them to see how they were doing after everything that had happened. Jasmine's mother still appeared to be in shock. She had only just been getting over the shock that her husband was a wizard and that her daughter was a witch when she received the news of her husband's death. This being because Jasmine's father never actually told her mother that he was a wizard, well until he realized that his daughter was also magical. He wasn't sure if she would be a witch, so he had elected to stay quiet about it until he knew for sure. He ended up telling them both he was a wizard on Jasmine's 11th birthday. It shocked them both, even more, when he told Jasmine that she was a witch and that in the fall he wanted her to attend his alma mater, Beauxbatons Academy. Jasmine, being the Daddy's girl that she was, immediately agreed to go there.

Lily and her family had come to visit them shortly after that. By this point, Lily's parents had found out that Lily was a witch from McGonagall, a professor at the wizarding school Hogwarts where Lily would be going in the fall. Lily had already known that she was a witch and about Hogwarts from her new friend Severus Snape. Lily told Jasmine all about him, but she had left out the parts about the wizarding world after he told her that it was supposed to be a secret from the Muggle world. Lily had wanted to tell her cousin about the wizarding world and everything, but she was afraid she would react the same way Petunia was. She didn't want to lose the closeness that they had because Jasmine suddenly saw her as a freak instead of the cousin she always knew.