ABDALLAH

"I met a girl few weeks back and she reminded me of 'your girl'. She has these eyes SubhanAllah, they scare me but she is really nice MashaAllah, you can't believe what she did. You know,  we went to the beach and grandma was being stubborn that she wanted to enter water and it was very cold. I did all I could to persuade her but she refused, she's going to catch cold and dad would deal with me. I think the girl saw us arguing and she came to us. She talked with grandma and told her to play a game with her. Grandma was having fun so much and the girl told her, I would never forget what she said. "Grandma I really want to enter the water but it is cold and I would freeze." Grandma replied "Me too I want to enter but my grandson refused to let me." She held grandma's hand and said "You are lucky. I wish I was the one that has someone to correct me. Grandma your family wants nothing for you but good. They would never deprive you your happiness.  But you know what, in summer we are going to enter the water even if they decline." She smiled and the colour of her eyes changed. Before I knew it, grandma was in tears. She hugged the girl and gave her the coin she gives to people she holds dear. Grandma was so happy and talked about that girl throughout the day. I felt so good."
Imran's story amuses and reminds me of that girl so much. I thought I had forgotten her but now I need to tell him and this is the best time to tell Imran everything. But what would I tell him. I don't even know. Do I like her? Is she even human? Maybe she's even married or engaged. Why should I care if she is married or engaged? Is not like I love her or want to marry her. Or maybe I like her but don't want to marry her, is not like she's bad that I cannot marry her. I don't mind having her as my wife but.... Imran tapped me and I came back to my senses. "Where are you lost?" He looked terrified before I even spoke. "I wanna talk to you 1st because I want someone that understands. Imran I think I am losing my mind. I need ruqya. I think I am possessed..." I said looking blanched, though I don't have a mirror but I know exactly how I looked. Imran opened his eyes and said "You are making me really scared. What is it? Tahaddathu ma'ei (talk to me)." Imran is someone I don't hide anything from and I don't play games with, when it come to my heart. "Imran have you ever seen someone, just seeing. Someone you've never spoken to, maybe they are walking or laughing or passing and you just feel you love them. Like you wanna tell them 'I love you'?" I looked at him with an expression I cannot explain. "There is this girl that I see Imran and she drives me crazy. She makes me restless. Whatever she does is beautiful. From what I see obviously. Her modesty, her love for things. I have never felt like this before." I felt so shameful because my face was wet with tears. Allah is the only One I cry to. I have never cried in front of anyone. But today my face is wet because of a girl I do not know. I felt so helpless. I didn't even realise she means this much to me until I talked to someone about her. From his expression, Imran has never been confused. He was almost in tears, he came and sat next to me. "Wait, is it the girl you thought was a jinni? The black niqabi?" he looked at me with an expression that indicates he doesn't want his assumption to be true and I recall he look because that was what I see in his eyes whenever we talk about her; the fear in his eyes. He told me everything is going to be alright. He decided to spend the night at my place. He told me about self ruqya and I did. We all believed I was possessed. Later around 4am he said "What if you are not possessed? What if you love her for real?" It was too much to digest. The truth. Yes! What if I just love her? Is that even possible? How can I just see someone without even speaking to her and just feel I love her? I don't believe in that nonsense. In Islam it is not like that. It's either you read about the person and love them or know them and love them. You can't just see a person and love them this much. Imran was waiting for me to answer and I said "No, I don't love her." and didn't add anything. Imran is a very reasonable person and sometimes I hate that characteristic. "Let's do it my way. You love her but you are confused. You want Allah to make things clear for you and help you dispose this matter." he composed. I agreed with his idea and he gave me the room to myself and went to the other room. I want Allah to make things clear for me but I don't want to find out that I love her. I also don't want to lose her (but why? I don't even know her.) 50 minutes to fajr (dawn prayer), I performed gusl(ablution) and faced the qiblah.