ABDALLAH

"Imran I want to face my biggest fear, my weakest point and also my strongest..." I paused to confirm if he's following "Continue Abdul, I'm following after all you brought me out in the middle of nowhere for this talk. Continue, I'm getting scared already" he stood looking at me curiously. "I am going straight to the point Imran. You know about the person I told you about days back and you told me to do self ruqya, I got my answer now. I erm...I love her, for real. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. With her, everything feels right." I looked at him. "That's great news Abdallah..." he almost shouted and continued "Are you shy? We should have done this at home. Let's call your dad and celebrate, I'll even get to take tea served in his chambers, I always wonder what his chambers look like. I am so happy Abdul. Tell me about her. Which family?" he said dancing in his oversized sweatpants. I sighed and rubbed my face with my left hand. "Imran she's from no royal family and you know her" I told him "Ahhh that's why you brought me out, not from a royal family, religious and I know her.... ermmmm Ghadahhh?" he said in disbelief "No Abdul I am sorry don't get Ghadah involved in your house, the poor child has been through a lot I don't want to face your dad and you know...." I cut him off "Not Ghadah Imran, Maryam. The Nigerian girl." I said finally. "Wait! Abdul. Waiiiit" he said in a dramatic tone "You have a crush on her or you like her?" he asked in a calm voice "It is not a crush. I am telling you that I love her and wanna be with her. Forever." I spoke in American accent "Abdallah! Tell me, since when has this been going on? Oh since when we met at the orphanage?" He asked "No, Imran she was the black niqabi, the girl we thought was a jinn and we met at the orphanage. She's the same person" I confessed "So its Maryam." he looked at me holding his head "No Abdul, don't even start. You know what you are saying is out of this world and no Abdallah just no. Why Maryam?" he was looking very sad. "Because I love her. I love her Imran, so much. Whenever I am with her, I feel this calmness and I just want to tell her to stay. She's religious, pure, nice, calm...Imran she always has soothing words for me. Wallahi Imran whenever I see her, she reminds me of Jannah and her words increase me in knowledge. She's beautiful and I...I just love her" I looked at him with tears in my eyes. After meeting Maryam, I have done all embarrassing things people do. Now I get emotional easily and I hate it when I can't hold my tears. She has brought out a side of me I never knew existed. Or I did rather. He held my hands "Abdul, I want you to calm down and ask yourself if you really love her, maybe it's just infatuation or maybe you just like her because she's kind hearted and we can find a girl like that for you and if it's her eyes you like, we can find a girl with those eyes for you. You just need to calm down and ask yourself why you are feeling this way. Don't destroy yourself Abdul." He was holding my shoulders and acting strong but I know he's just holding his tears. "I did that a long time ago, and you know that cos you even helped me. You know what I asked Allah? I asked Him to clear things for me and discard her if she's just an obstacle in my life but Imran after that night, it became even clear that I should love her. I started running into her frequently and thinking about her. Imran I almost went crazy but didn't tell you because I know you'd tell me to confirm my feelings first. Imran they are real and she's all I want!" I frowned with a wet face. He rubbed his face and the nape of his neck with his both hands. "You getting involved with her is going to destroy her, she's going to lose everything she owns; her school, her friends, Dubai and my grand ma...." He paused "your dad, he is going to destroy her. Abdul Please no, you'll be fine without her, trust me. This world is not Jannah, we can't get whatever we want, it is not even possible. Just ask Allah to unite you in Jannah, He can do that. But not here please" he suggested. "Yes He can! That's the whole point and what I want you to understand. He is Allah, to him, me and Maryam are just worthless servants. By crown means nothing to him, we are equal to him and I believe He can unite us in this world and the next. I'm just telling you what I feel Imran, if you are in fine, but if you are not, then I am going to fight alone!" I said angrily " Oh my God, I have even forgotten about your crown, Abdallah, you are not in your right senses now. You need to calm down and think this deeply. Are you not tired already? All your life what you did is fight with your dad, isn't it enough? When are you going to have peace with your dad? I always blame your dad but now I realise you are also stubborn. You force to get your way and you know I used to believe after all these your fights, one day both of you will get tired and stop and have a happy ending. With this girl, nothing is going to be alright, because being with her means destroying yourself and your relationship with your dad. And destroying her. Marriage is for a life time, so if you choose to marry her, your dad would fight with you forever. That's if you get to marry her. Hm do you really know who your dad is?" he let out a sad laugh "Don't do this Abdallah, the poor child is only here for a year, don't make her life like yours. A living hell!" Imran's eyes turned red. "Oh I never knew you had this fairy tale in your mind. My relationship with my dad is bitter and will always be, because our fight is not for the sake of Allah. My life is a living hell yes and I hate it so much. Maryam is going to save me from the hell, she's going to make everything alright. I believe so. It is going to be tough but I will have that happy ending InshaAllah (by God's willing)."