MARYAM

"Zahra being with grandma makes me very happy. I cannot explain. Her jokes are funny and she is warm. The best part is that being with her is educative. She gives me interesting seerah and fatawas (religious verdicts). She is well educated. So don't think I am just helping them, I am also helping myself." I told Zahra. "Maryam I am not complaining, or maybe I am. I just want you to be happy and not burden yourself. You have dissertation and all you know." she said with a sad face. "Thank you for looking out for me darl. May we be in Jannah together." I smiled "You know if I get admission into Jannah before you, I won't enter. I would be at the gate waiting for you because I know you won't be far. Promise me you'd do the same for me" she said with tears in her eyes. I hugged her and after few seconds and said "I promise."
"I'd never eaten nuts in food. This is outrageous!" I complained "I can't believe this. So all this time we had been together we had never eaten my favourite food together. Cashew nuts in food is the best thing in life. Just wait for it." she said happily. The whole time I was curious. "Zahra why are we here? 1st this restaurant is damn expensive. We can eat at Chin Chin. Where we don't need to use taxi or spend more than 500 dirhams." I complained. Zahra is very rich (or her family rather), she doesn't spend on clothes or other materialistic stuff. I know she spends her money on food, but today she's doing it unnecessarily. This is Al Muntaha for crying out loud. "Shut up and stop complaining. I am going straight to the point." she cuts me off. I just looked on. "We are going for Umrah (lesser pilgrimage)." she confessed "MashaAllah. I am so happy babes. Congratulations. With mum or dad, or both?" I was smiling very wide "I, dad and you." This time she was smiling very wide. I put both of my hands on my mouth to prevent myself from screaming. The Emiratis there already know the price of our cheap abayas and they know we don't belong there. If I scream I would convince them more. "Ya Allahhhh oh my God Zahra. I don't know what to say." I was in tears already "Maryam don't cry" she held my hands "What are friends for, I told dad it's going to be boring with him and he told me mum was busy with office so she couldn't come. I asked if you could come he said "Why not?". Maryam we are going to the house of God together. I am happier than you." She rejoiced.
"Let's get matching coffee mugs, matching jilbabs (long loose gown), matching water bottles, matching sneakers, matching bag packs for the Umrah." I was dancing with excitement. "You are such a baby Maryam. What's the need for matching stuff? We are going for Umrah not fashion show." she complained "Maryam, when we go, ask for Allah's counsel. After that, you can give Abdallah your answer." she suggested "InshaAllah babes" I said.