ABDALLAH

I stayed away from dad for a few days and he called me for a trip to Doha. I hate travelling with dad but have no option. Dad is going to act like nothing happened in front of people but when we are alone he'll act as if he doesn't know me. I don't like two faced people. Dad is one of them. He likes pleasing people even if it takes him committing a sin. I hate the Khaleeji dance, it is so haram. I am forced to look at women display their beauty and flip their hair. I delivered a poem and dad got mad at me. I was just expressing my feeling about some Arab cultures. I know in every culture there are so many haram activities but can't we ban them? All Muslim leaders around the world should try and stop haram cultures in their places, anyways I need to leave for Abu Dhabi. After the program I took the next flight to Abu Dhabi and left dad with his jets. I met Imran at Yas Island from there we went to sheikh Zayed mosque to pray Maghrib (late afternoon prayer) and left for a Lebanese restaurant for dinner.
At Imran's, we took lunch and I told him what happened between me and dad in Doha. "Abdallah, whatever that is happening we are going to do just fine. This is not the worst thing that happened in your life, remember when your dad divorced your mum and he refused to let her leave and you almost went mad. But you didn't? we stayed together and solved everything. This too shall pass and I am going to stand by your side. Remember also how you stood by me whenever dad did something stupid? We are going to do just fine. Allah is testing us and we are going to pass bi'ithnillah. This proves that Allah loves us so much to test us frequently. Alhamdulillah Allah didn't just leave you with wealth and crown, He also tests you and me. That is something to be grateful for." Imran was smiling and looking into my eyes waiting for my reply and reaction. In a minute all my fears disappeared. I felt so positive about the trials and believe everything is going to be just fine. I looked at him and hugged him. "Imran you are like an angel to me. Your words always make sense. Jazakallah khairan (may Allah reward you with goodness) for being my friend." I was almost in tears. "Don't hug me, you are so cheesy. Besides they are not my words, I met someone and she told me the same." he confessed "A girl? Tell me about her." I winked at him. "Abdallah sometimes I want you to be sad cos like that, you won't tease me" he teased "She's no 'girl' it was Maryam that told me that." he said. I felt a knot in my tummy and just smiled. Maryam is like the super Imran I need. She's sweet and makes sense. I am making no sense, what does 'she makes sense mean?' I wonder. 
I went straight to aunt Maryam's and enjoyed her homemade cookies with bitter Arabian coffee. I was just smiling and she noticed and asked "You seem happy today. Tell me." she smiled "Mum, Allah send people into our life to serve so many purposes. I am so grateful to Allah for so many people. That's why I am happy and I thank Allah for fitnas. This proves that He loves me." I smiled. She looked confused but just smiled, I know she'll never understand until I explain further but I cannot. Not yet. "This is why I love you so much. You understand things and do not blame people. Not like your dad. I pray that Allah continues to keep you firm on your faith. Ameen" she smiles very wide.
"Imran, must I marry the choice of my parents?" I asked but didn't look at him. "Allah gave our parents complete right on us except two; If they say we should sin, we can decline and if they say we should marry someone we don't like, we can decline. When our parents say we should forsake all our wealth, we are forced to do it. That's the power they have, but we have every right to decline a partner they choose for us. But by obeying, we are going to receive a great reward." he narrated with a straight face. "What if the choice of our parents is wrong?" I said, this time looking at him. "You know the prophet(saw) said when your child brings someone with deen(faith) and you(parents) refuse to let him/her marry him/her, corruption is bound to spread. So I think in this case, you can disobey them especially if their choice is wrong in Shari'ah. (Islamic law)" He answered.
I was thinking the whole time I was driving home. I stopped to buy 2 dirhams chai(tea) but found out I only had 1 dirham. I was searching my pockets when I heard a voice that cut the air like a knife and went straight into my brains. I turned and it was her. "Wa'alaikumussalam" I replied. I swear sometimes I tell myself if angels live on earth, she's one of them. Her black flowing abaya and her hijab, subhanallah I've never seen anyone wear a big hijab on abaya because it is already loose but Maryam...mashaAllah. She cuts my thoughts off and said "Take it from me as a loan." I laughed and she got us two cups. She gave me 1 cup and our fingers brushed. We all released the cup and it fell on the ground. "I'm sorry..." we said at the same time and smiled. She gave me the other cup and our fingers touched again. We released and it poured. Again. This time it was embarrassing so we didn't smile and dodged each other's gaze. "Now you owe me 2 cups" she said without looking at me. "I'd love to repay you when we meet next time." I said and regretted saying it. She looked at me and said "Next time?" I went on with the cheesiness "It's my pleasure to repay you." I think this is what people call flirting but she didn't find it funny and just looked away. But it's not my fault, she started it. I defended myself. I think the waiter saw us and brought another two cups on a tray. This time we laughed. I noticed her eyes. They turned the colour of the tea and I didn't lower my gaze she had to look down, I felt like disappearing because of embarrassment. I cleared my throat and asked what she was doing outside so late. "I was from school, and needed tea, this guy's tea is so good. Nice car; my favourite actually" She said and looking at my car, smiling "Thank you, wanna erm drive?" I asked smiling. I think we should both stop smiling but no, instead this time she laughed and said "No, I can't drive" I just stared, subhanallah "Let me drop you then" I offered but she declined and told me her bus is in ten minutes. I don't want to sound pushy so I let her to take her 11pm bus. "Thank you" I said after she turned. She turned towards me and said "For what? By the way Abdallah you talk in different accents. It's erm are you confused which one to choose?" she asked in the cutest curiosity. Astagfirullah I laughed so hard. She's so funny and maybe she's right, I am confused. I braced myself and answered "For everything. Thank you." I replied and left her standing. I don't want to reveal 'for being there when I needed soothing words, for looking out for me, for reminding me of Allah, for buying me tea, for being so beautiful...' so I just left.