Promise - Part 9

Vincent and Diane Wisp were two influential witches of their time. They had met by chance, both were exploring a magical ruin at the edge of Scarabi. At first, they saw nothing but competition in each other.

The two witches, even on their own, were powerful.

In their young, they were charming among the public and seeked nothing but status.

But since that moment they met at the ruins, they've bumped into each other.

On a quest, running an errand, perhaps having a meeting with a noble. Vincent and Diane always somehow saw each other.

Many back in the day would love to gossip, entertained by the two witch's rivalry. They were both regal stoic witch from strong lines of witchcraft.

And yet, Vincent and Diane, even with their rivalry, began to gain a sense of companionship between them. Over time, it felt empty without the presence of the other.

Diane's annoyance with Vincent's obsession with books and posh silence made her see his passion in his work. As bitter and stubborn as Vincent could be, he was actually just a small bean inside.

And when Vincent didn't understand Diane's organization and sass, he would turn away. But even then, Vincent came to find Diane's confidence amusing.

No one saw it coming, but... in the end, the two fell in love.

The moment they crafted their golden purple gemmed rings and wore them with pride, Diane joined the Wisp family and Vincent could learn and study with someone just as passionate as him.

Together, they were unstoppable. They were a force to be reckoned with, two witches respected by all. With no need to gain popularity and praise from others since they had each other, they became reclusive.

Together, they built a home from the ground.

Together, they collect magical knowledge.

Together. As long as they were together, they were happy.

...

Vincent rubbed his tired eyes, feeling his black gloved hand against his face. Vincent was a rather tall man, with a fair olive tone to his skin. His shoulder lengthed black hair was in a ponytail, with a thick strand laying at the right side of his face. Vincent scratched his stubbled jawn, earrings dangling with a sparkle from his ears.

The man sighed, turning to a mirror in the front room of his home. Adjusting his white scarf and tucking it in like an ascot, Vincent then dusted off his black vest. The vest had a pointed collar that jutted out, a long straight trail from the vest ended at his ankles, gold accents was lined at the edges. He frowned, looking to make sure his white puffy sleeves that were tucked into metal arm guards was spotless of dirt.

He made sure his white pants was the same, glancing down to make sure his kneepads were tightened and his long dark boots was laced up. Vincent wiggled a finger down, magic shooting down to adjust the lacing.

"Vincent, dear?"

He turned around, spotting his beautiful wife coming down the large staircase.

Diane's black hair was in a neat bun, showing earrings hanging down. She had a black long sleeves shirt on, the chest was split open to show a lighter shade covering over her breasts that went down in a long dress that was split on both sides, giving room to black draped fabric. Underneath was a long silky smooth skirt that reached the ground. On her shoulders was short white sleeves that puffed out, long white over-sleeves draped down.

Diane's walked to her husband, reaching out to grab his hand.

"They're here," She said quietly. Vincent could see in her eyes that she was scared.