Until Next Time - Part 2

It was a whole week and a half worth of travel.

It would've been much quicker if the crew hadn't bumped into incidents on the way. The crew couldn't go through any small roads because that meant having to go through a village or town. They definitely didn't want to go through those. The last thing the crew needed was to get caught and thrown in jail.

Because they couldn't go through anywhere with a large amount of people, the crew couldn't get replenished on their supplies. With much self-control, and a couple of lectures from Evgenia, the crew managed to last through their food until the very last crumb. But it still left their stomachs growling for more.

It wasn't like they had much to begin with anyway. Prices were way up in the kingdom, so if there was any farmer willing to sell them food it was usually declined. As tempting as the offer was, the crew didn't have much coins to spare.

Not to mention, the whole trip there was just... silent.

No one among them knew what to do or say.

With the brink of war on their shoulders, the crew was fearful that one simple word could be their last.

Even if they were taking the long route to the forest, there was still soldiers walking around. The crew had to be careful. Most of the time Victor would cast an illusion over them, making them become invisible to others.

It was impressive, a spell that could hide people and objects away. Evgenia was a little proud to say the least when Victor managed the spell. Evgenia was never that fond of casting illusions... mostly because they usually gained a mind of their own (coughGenevievecough).

But even Victor had his limits. Whenever the spell wore off, the crew would have to hide Momoko and Adva with cloaks. With Momoko's fox attributes and Adva's pointed ears, it was obvious that they harboured magic in them. Evgenia and Victor were easy to pass off, especially since Evgenia would just glare intimidatingly at any passerbys.

As for Omis

Of course, even with their tricks the crew still bumped into a couple of soldiers.

Soldiers would stop them in their tracks, ordering them to leave their wagon. That would send the crew into a panic, the soldiers were sure to check over them and find the obvious different traits on Momoko and Adva.

Minerva had the bright idea of pretending Momoko and Adva were ill. The two would just simply act sick and usually that worked, soldiers weren't willing to catch whatever disease they had. But of course, there was the occasion that a soldier wouldn't care and force Momoko and Adva to take their coverings off.

At that, someone, mostly Bella, would distract the soldier while Victor goes and cast a quick illusion on Momoko and Adva to hide away their non-human features.

It wasn't ideal but that's how their travel went.

There had been way too many close calls.

Not to mention, the wagon had broken halfway there, forcing the crew to stop for a day while Evgenia fixed it.

As for Omis, it was hard to disguise a large mutated wolf.

Victor had used a lot of illusions on the wolf. Even if they themselves were out in the open, Omis was always casted to be invisible to others. However, sometimes Victor would overdo it. There was a point where the crew themselves couldn't find Omis. They had panicked, stopping in their tracks to look around and call out for the animal.

Omis was with them the whole time, they only managed to find him when the spell had worn off.

At least now, they made it.