Until Next Time - Part 15

All his life, Victor knew his sister was a talented witch. She was always better than him at magic. She knew so many spells by heart and had the power to use them. Evgenia was a child prodigy, or perhaps she was just gifted.

What Victor didn't know however, was that being gifted could only take you so far.

Evgenia was always strong, she always fought her enemies to the bone. Not once did Victor ever see his sister falter in her own stance. There were times she would slip up, yes, but no one was perfect.

And yet, Victor never once thought that his sister suffered a mental burn out. Years of training and being kept away, never knowing how to act with people, and always wearing disdain on her face made Evgenia obvious to the fact that she wasn't a people person. But Victor never would've imagined that Evgenia would ever be beat, ever feel tired, ever... lose.

But there she was, panting heavily as she stared daggers at the mysterious woman before her. The witch's eyes were spiteful, just the tiniet of light slipping away from the corners. Evgenia was nearly on her knees, shaking hands pressed against them.

Evgenia rubbed a hand against her cheek, wiping away grit that was covering scratches.

Victor, along with the others, had watched the two fight for a good ten minutes. Ten minutes doesn't sound like a lot of time, but it's enough time for plenty of hits to be thrown. And right now, Evgenia was already low on energy while her opponent stood tall, as if nothing had touched her.

Although the crew was in a shield, Adva and Victor could still feel the woman's tremendous magic. It was nothing like they've experienced before. Pure raw magical energy radiated off of her.

The woman squinted her eyes as she looked down at Evgenia, watching the young witch irritably grow tired. "Are you giving up already?"

Mocking, her tone was so mocking.

Evgenia gritted her teeth, reaching her hands out and summoning swords in the air. With a flick of a wrist, Evgenia sent them flying at the woman.

The woman barely moved as she held a hand up, bringing a shield in front of her. Evgenia's swords shattered upon clashing against the woman's magic, disappearing into thin air. 

Evgenia cursed. She couldn't teleport, the woman clearly stated there was an anti-teleporting spell over the forest. Evgenia's tried, so many times to teleport as well and everytime it failed.

A cracking noise startled Evgenia.

She looked down, gasping as the ground below her began to crack open. Evgenia jumped out of the way, her eyes trailing up as waves of white light started to creep out. It lashed out at Evgenia, the witch barely managed to dogde as the magic ripped apart the ground.

Evgenia grunted, feeling the air being knocked out of her as the woman's magic wrapped around her body, lifting her high into the air and squeezing tightly. The witch let out a pained scream, the tension of the magic crushing her.

"Eve!" Victor shouted, desperately banging on the shield to no avail. His sister could hear him.

Adva cursed, kicking the shield only to stub their toe. "She's going to get hurt!"

"We're stuck in here, Adva! What are we supposed to do?" Bella shouted, glancing over to where Minerva was with Momoko.

Evgenia pulled her arm away, summoning a sword and slicing the magic off of her. She crashed to the ground, grunting in pain as her weapon disappeared. The witch got up, trying to keep her breathing under control.

Her body was crying out, begging to take a rest.

Damn it. She was already out of magic.

Evgenia brought up a shield, protecting herself as the woman shot a beam at her. She could feel its pressure as it pushed against her protection. Her heels dug into the ground, moving just the smallest of inches. Gritting her teeth, Evgenia was trapped.