Promise - Part 10

The crew waited by Lucy and Omis. Bella and Adva stayed together, Adva laying their head in Bella's lap. Minerva sharpened her sword, trying to distract herself. Momoko idly laid flat on the wagon, looking up at the clear sky.

It was such a beautiful day.

The sky was clear and blue.

And yet it was raining.

Evgenia and Victor were still in their home. Half an hour had passed... Half an hour of tears.

Evgenia was still on the ground, numbly looking at her lap. She had taken her hat off, setting it next to her. The witch... she always wanted to hate her parents. But she couldn't.

She still loves them.

Victor was slowly walking around, glumly holding their father's scarf.

He could still remember when he gave it to their father. It was a birthday gift. Victor had made the scarf himself with the help of their mother. He could remember how proud his dad was. Their dad loved it, cherishing it everyday.

Victor looked up, finding a mirror. Surprisingly... it wasn't broken. It was untouched.

He looked at his reflection.

His eyes were puffy and red. Wrapping the scarf around his neck, Victor choked on his breath. He looked just like his dad. Younger, but just like him.

Victor held the scarf closer to his face, feeling the soft fabric.

Looking at his sad reflection, Victor reached out. He supposed a part of him was hoping it was their father.

When Victor's fingers touched the glass, it rippled.

"What the-" Victor stepped back.

Was he hallucinating?

Victor poked the mirror again. It rippled, like a disturbed lake.

"Victor, what are you doing?" Evgenia quietly asked. She got up with a confused face when Victor motioned her to come over. She came to her brother's side, frowning at the mirror. 

"Look," Victor poked the mirror again. Evgenia nearly cursed when she saw the ripples.

No, scratch that. She did curse.

"What the actual fuck?"

Victor frowned, continuing to poke the mirror. Evgenia sighed, grabbing his hand. "Stop that-"

The mirror glowed for a moment.

The siblings pulled their hands away, eyes wide as the mirror returned back to normal. Last time they checked, this was a normal mirror.

Unless...

Evgenia and Victor shared a look. Yeah, they had the same idea.

Reaching each one hand out, they placed it flat on the mirror. The mirror, although smooth against their hands, gave out a rippled affect under their palms. Then the mirror began to glow brightly.

The glowing swirled around in their reflection.

Frowning, Evgenia watched as their reflections morphed.

When the rippling stopped, the siblings pulled their hands away. Tears brimmed their eyes.

Looking back at them weren't their reflections, but their parents.

Vincent and Diane Wisp. There they were.

"Is it working?" Diane asked her husband.

Oh... It was just a pre-recorded message.