Until Next Time - Part 10

Evgenia had forced Bella to not tell the others about their little incident last night. So it was a wonder to the others as to why Evgenia and Bella were deep in sleep while the rest were awake in the inn room.

They had found the two, dirty and rather beat up. Bella was curled next to Adva, making the necromancerś arm cramp seeing as they refused to move. They didn't want Bella to wake up suddenly. Evgenia on the other hand was passed out, sitting in a chair with her head propped on the table. Her hat was at her feet, dusty and full of mud.

Victor yawned, immediately going to look through spellbooks first thing in the morning.

Adva sighed, head propped into a pillow while Bella snored into their chest. They looked over at the other bed, seeing Momoko's body rise up and down. The spirit, once again, was motionless. She was laying on her side, facing the wall. Her dark hair covered her face. Momoko looked so small and so vulnerable.

Minerva cleared her throat, gaining the attention of Victor and Adva. The knight looked down, frowning at a piece of paper in her hands. When she had awoken, Minerva was startled to find a piece of paper on her face.

It was a note by Bella.

"Sato has some information on the rebellion. I was going to go with you but knowing me... I'm probably passed out and won't be able to wake up for a while... sadness..."

Minerva kept rereading the note.

It was still early in the morning.

The must from the rain yesterday probably was gone by now. The sky was clear, the sun showing beautiful rays. It was a nice change from the gray palette that Renaisse had.

But... Sato... She's never talked or seen the man before. Not to mention, she's heard of what he's done. A former captain who's killed. Killed his own wife.

Minerva crumpled the note, face straining with confusion.

However, she needed to know more about the rebellion.

The Nascentia Rebellion they were called. This rebellion, they could be great allies.

The only person who was willing to discuss about the rebellion was Sato, the former captain of this damn kingdom.

Minerva sighed, standing up and grabbing her sword. Propping it to her hip, the knight said, "I'm going to head out and get some information on the rebellion."

Victor nodded, tiredly reading his books. The witch didn't seem to have heard the girl.

Adva looked down at Bella. The bard had slipped off, turning around and lazily snoring. The necromancer carefully got off the bed, turning to Minerva and saying, "Wait, I'll come with you."

They reached over, grabbing a cloak and wrapping it around them. They pulled the hood over their head, making sure to hide their ears from view.

Minerva and Adva left, leaving Victor in charge of... the three sleeping girls. Yeah, he didn't mind. In fact, Victor was still silently looking through spell books, occasionally glancing at the journal he was wishing to open.

...

They knocked on the door, hoping they got the right house.

The two had to ask around for the man's home and it took ten people for them to finally find it.

It seemed the village didn't like getting involved with the man.

Minerva cleared her throat, knocking again loudly and saying, "Sato? Are you in there?"

They waited for a moment, hearing a couple of thuds from inside. A man cursed, talking to something. However his voice was muffled by the walls. With a couple of stomps, the man opened the door.