Until Next Time - Part 20

They were outside the village, gathered at the forest entrance.

Adva and Momoko were wearing cloaks over themselves. The same went for Minerva, Michael, and Victor. Since they would be traveling far, they would need to hide away from Renaisse soldiers.

Michael had dragged along a horse, a black coated mare with a beautiful mane. Next to him was Victor, taking Lucy with them.

Victor and Minerva climbed onto Lucy, the knight sitting upfront. She patted Lucy's head gently, nodding at Michael that they were ready. Omis came over, nudging his nose against Lucy's. The wolf snorted, shaking his head as Lucy let out a short noise.

Sato was there, handing Michael a map to the rebellion's base. The man told the other a couple of other tips, telling him things the others couldn't hear.

"If you see Timothy there, can you tell him... tell him that I- uh," Sato found it hard to say the words. He wasn't so touchy with his feelings.

Michael chuckled, "Yeah, I'll tell him you miss him."

Sato showed a quick smile at Michael.

The others were surrounding Minerva and Victor.

"We'll see each other soon, probably way sooner than we think," Minerva said hopefully. She patted her sword on her hip, smiling down at her friends. Minerva's beating heart would stop as it she held onto Lucy's reins tightly.

Evgenia handed her brother their parents' book. Victor stared at it as it was placed in his hands. Why was his sister giving him this?

"I think you'll need it more than me," She said, hiding her face away so Victor couldn't see her sad smile. Evgenia muttered, "You better write letters to me or else."

Victor laughed, putting the book in his bag. The witch nodded, "Of course, Eve."

Evgenia smiled but then she frowned. Pointing a finger at him, she feigned anger when saying, "And if you die out there I swear to God I will use dark magic and bring you back only to kill you myself, got it?"

Victor faked a gasp, dramatically pretending he was shot in the heart. "Oh how you woe me, dear sister!"

Evgenia rolled her eyes, resisting the urge to smack her brother upside the head.

Victor laughed at his sister. He giggled when Omis came over, the wolf licking him on the cheek. The wolf looked at him with its bright yellow eyes. Victor patted Omis' head, feeling the soft white fur.

Taking his hands away, Victor made sure his father's white scarf was wrapped snuggly on his neck.

"Come on, we need to get there as soon as possible," Michael said.

Minerva nodded, turning to Victor, "You ready, Victor?"

He grinned, "Ready as I'll ever be."

Saying their last goodbyes, they set on their path to the rebellion's base.

The dark haired mare and the light gray one ran off in the distance, Minerva, Victor, and Michael on their backs. Momoko leapt up, shouting goodbyes as loud as she could.

When their figures were nothing but small specks in the distance, Adva turned to Bella with a sad smile.

They grabbed her hands, facing their girlfriend. Adva sighed, still keeping a smile on their face. "I'm sorry we have to go out separate ways."

Bella shook their head, "It's alright."

They stared at each other.

Bella broke first. Her face fell into a weeping mess, her salty tears streaked down her face. Her freckled cheeks turned red. "I'm going to miss you," She cried. Adva wrapped their long arms around her, taking the bard into a big strong hug.