Until Next Time - Part 9

Sato sighed, fumbling with his key as he pushed it into the keyhole of his door. It's been years since he's fought, since he's had any actual drive to get up and fight. But that night, just like every night he had spent as a captain, Sato felt a disturbance.

It came with the job of being a captain. You tend to develop a sixth sense, this sense warning you of danger nearby. It's different for everybody, but for Sato, he knew immediately someone had disturbed the forest.

So he had gone out, sword at his hip and prosthetic changed into his fighting one. It's been so long since he's touched a sword, so long since he's worn this bladed leg.

And his tuition was right. There at the forest, were two girls. He recognized the bard quickly and figured the other one was one of the witches he had spotted.

However, in the light of the magic and the moon, he saw that the bard was in danger. And the witch was being dragged into the forest. They may be dumb teenagers, but they didn't deserve to die.

Besides, the deal was that the forest would only hurt the enemies.

But now that the whole ordeal was over, Sato quite regretted inviting the two girls to his home. Mostly because he could feel Bella's stares.

Bella was intently staring at Sato, stars in her eyes. She was fascinated, to say the least. The bard was amazed as how quickly Sato had dealt with the forest. It just too him mere seconds to drive away the magic.

That was just... awesome.

Sato grumbled as he knocked four times before swinging open his front door. He had left the light on, so Evgenia and Bella quickly saw his home.

Hopefully they wouldn't mind the smell-

When he turned around, he could tell the two girls were hiding their grimacing faces from the strong scent of alcohol.

Evgenia had a bitter frown, nose scrunched up with her fists tightly at her side. She tried her best to look normal but she just looked more upset. Bella on the hand, was anxiously shaking. She still had a smile on, but her nose was also twitching slightly at the alcohol.

Sato sighed, he had a problem, didn't he?

The man took off his sword, propping it against the wall. Before the girls could move however, he quickly pointed over to the door. There was two pairs of shoes, one of which Sato was just wearing himself before taking them off. The girls quickly slipped their muddy shoes off.

He motioned to a couple of empty chairs to which the two girls shuffled into them. They were... alright. The chairs wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst.

Sato left them, heading into a different room. The girls could hear Sato move around, a few clatters and curses came from the room.

The home itself was... not what they expected.

It was normal to say the least.

It wasn't a mess, thank god. Though there were a couple of empty bottles laying around. They were in the living room or was it a dining room? Maybe it was a mixture of both. The room was quite small, only having room for a small table and a total of four chairs around it. On one side of the room was a stone wall with a firepit, though there was no fire in it.

There was a couple of scratches on the wooden walls but nothing too irking.

Evgenia tapped the table, it was a very very very small table. It only reached to their knees when sitting and was probably only about a meter long in the shape of an oval. The table had a cloth over it, it was red with tainted white accents.