Until Next Time - Part 13

Evgenia was in the market, a little glad that today the area was more energetic. There was a larger selection in the market. Fresh food for once was out there, breads freshly baked were laid out and newly harvesting plants were arranged in colorful displays.

The witch, awkwardly threading the ends of her short hair, looked down at the foods. The morning was clear, the air was clean and for once, there were chirping birds. It felt like such a peaceful day. The sun was out as well, but it's rays hit Evgenia's face seeing as she didn't have her hat on. Unfortunately, if Evgenia was wearing her hat then it would be clear she was a witch.

She had taken upon herself to resupply on their food. Minerva, Adva, and Victor had gotten some for breakfast but hadn't thought about for upcoming meals. They were planning on leaving tomorrow as well and would need more supplies for the trip.

They were thinking of heading back to Arcadia and regroup with the Queen.

While Evgenia was out at the market, the crew was prepping for lunch.

It wouldn't be much, just a simple stew.

Evgenia was supposed to head back soon.

Stepping a bit away, Evgenia noticed a stand selling medicine. She'll need some of that.

They were low on medicine. But they also were worried.

Worried about Momoko.

She's been asleep this whole time. Her pulse was okay and she seemed to be breathing fine. But Momoko was deep in slumber for some strange reason. The crew was worried about her. Maybe the loss of her mountain was starting to take its toll on her.

How long has it been since they've entered Renaisse?

A week?

Only a week and they were already being tossed around emotionally and mentally.

Evgenia paid for a couple of painkillers and medicine, putting it into her bag. The witch sighed, she knew deep down, medicine wasn't going to help Momoko.

She walked, alone in the village, the voices of the villagers in the market echoed in her ears. They were... chipper today. For once they weren't scowling. There weren't any stares at the outsider walking among them.

As she furthered away from the market, the bustle of the market grew quieter and quieter. She strayed away from the market, glumly getting to the inn.

Just like the day they got to this village, the inn was empty. The only ones staying at the inn was the crew. The employees were lazily sitting around, idly cleaning or chatting in the corners.

Evgenia sighed as she entered the inn, smelling the old wood of the building. 

Employees standing around pretending to be working let their eyes drift over at Evgenia, curiously watch the girl. The crew were pretty much the only interesting thing in the village.

Evgenia ignored them, making her way up the stairs. The wooden stairs creaked under her feet, her heels making satisfying clicking sounds. The witch, with the bag of supplies in one hand, slowly made her way up.

The moment she was back into their room, Evgenia would go right to her parent's journal. The book still lay unopened.

At this point, the Wisp siblings were tired. They had used too much energy and time opening the darn book. Perhaps their prediction about important information being in their parent's book was wrong. There could be nothing in there but embarrassing secrets that were better off unheard.

With every failed attempt came with embarrassment and anger. Their frustrations were starting to take affect. Victor was silent, digging his nose deep in books and bitterly keeping to himself. He shared similar studying methods with Evgenia, like brother like sister.