Until Next Time - Part 11

Evgenia blinked awake, finding a blanket over her. The same one she had put on Victor the night before. The room was a soft orange, light coming from the setting sun that peeped through the window.

Slowly and quietly, the witch got up and looked around the room. Momoko was still in bed, as usual. Bella was also in bed.

Adva, Minerva, and Victor were both gone.

When she looked over at the desk, there was a note saying the three of them had gone out to get food.

Sounds simple enough.

Evgenia yawned, stretching herself and hearing her back crack.

The desk was still cluttered with books and papers. Though, Evgenia could see that Victor had done some work. But the journal still laid untouched, glowing just as bright as ever.

Just looking at it made Evgenia so annoyed and pissed off. The witch flicked her fingers against the cover, frowning irritably as the book didn't budge.

They've tried so many unlocking spells. Heck, they've tried a couple of destructive spells. Nothing worked.

Trying to get rid of a eternum spell was nearly impossible. It would have to take a truly powerful genius to be able to break it. Unfortunately, it seemed the siblings weren't that.

Evgenia sighed, sitting in a chair and putting her head in her hands.

To think the last thing her parents left behind would even be seen by them. Their life's work was trapped in this book. Trapped and forever unseen.

Sighing, Evgenia looked up and stared out the window.

Evgenia-

The witch jumped, nearly falling out of the chair.

Oh hell no, not today, not again, no way.

That stupid stupid stupid voice was not going to come into her mind again! No! She refuses!

But there was the sensation again- the one that was bringing her attention to the forest. Why the goddamn forest? And isn't anyone else disturbed by this?

From what she could tell, no one else was getting a strange voice in their head.

The voice called out her name again. The soft melodious voice kept calling for her.

Evgenia looked out the window, spotting the treetops in the distance. They almost.. shimmered from the sunset hues.

It was like something else was controlling her body. Her legs moved, taking her out of the inn. She knew she was doing this consciously, she was choosing to follow the voice. But at the same time, Evgenia was wary and confused.

Why was she so drawn to this voice?

Just like the night before, Evgenia's feet took her to the forest entrance.

Just like the night before, she stared into the woods, watching the trees shimmer just the tiniest bit. Evgenia felt the enchanting magic from the forest.

There was magic, a strong source of magic.

No one was here to stop her.

Evgenia looked back, looking at the village. Villagers had already retreated into their homes, hiding away from the oncoming night.

The others had probably come back from getting food and were in the inn, probably wondering where Evgenia had gone.

Evgenia

The witch cursed, clenching her fists tightly. She turned away from the forest, thinking to herself that there was no need to follow. Even if this magic was calling out for her, she had other things to worry about.