Chapter 5: Support

"Do you think Ying's alright?"

Shielda ask while a robot nurse was treating her wounds i couldn't help but to get worried to.

"I'm not sure either?" i replied.

After Shielda's treatment we went out of the infirmary to see two person heading into our way, a guy that looks like Shielda was one of them. And the other was unfamiliar unfortunately for me.

"Brother i mean Captain." Shielda and i saluted even though she's badly hurt she still manage to salute with her injured arm. Oh? so that's it. They were siblings at all, the guy with a light green attire were technically similar to her. That make sense.

We saw her brother shooking into disagreement. "Fang is so stubborn." he facepalmed. "He will never change, he still performs the dangerous training onto his cadets no matter what we say." the other guy said.

"I'll talk to him. Shielda and you?" her brother ask me. "My name is Hanna, Captain." i answered politely. "Hmm? I have never seen you here before? Are you perhaps new?" he ask.

"I am."

I replied.

"You two are dismissed." The Captain said after dismissing us we left.

As we got further away, i felt the urge to ask Shielda a question. She turn to me and give me a suspicious react. "You have questions? Am i right." She spoke.

I awkwardly reach out both of my hands disagreeing with her. She chuckles at me. "Aww Hanna, You don't need to deny it. Come on we'll talk at my room." i agreed with her and accompanied her towards her room shared with Ying.

As we got there i sat next to a small book shelves and above the small shelf was a picture frame of her and her brother. They were still young in this picture, i guess the Captain is really her brother no doubt.

"Technically hes my elder twin brother, minutes older than me. As you see we both share the same appearance and energy." she answer after removing her hijab combing her hair in front of a mirror while i just nodded at her explanation. "So do you like him?" my mind flip as Shielda got the wrong idea after asking that unexpected question.

"Shielda it's not! Your mistaken i don't-" she cut me off when i heard her burst off laughing at the bed. Which leaves me confuse and feel shame there. As she took her time she stops, now i feel like she's teasing me now.

"Got ya, I'm kidding alright. I know you don't like him Hanna you're the type of girl who doesn't throw themselves into men. And I'm proud of you for that!" she said while i sweat of what just she said. What?

"As you see my brother hss quite the reputation around the Galaxy, he's not a Captain of TAPOPS for nothing you know? Did you know he is one of Commander Fang's colleague." i nodded after hearing a fact from her brother. Wow! I wish i am too someday.

Everyday i think of what would happen if succeeded in following my dreams instead of choosing my own family. I wonder how Mother and Father would react? AAre they gonna accept me? And i wonder what they are doing right now? I bet they're still mad at me for running away. But still i heard Mother's pregnancy and giving birth to a new family. A Baby boy, i was happy and sad at the same time. I read the news from the TAPOPS web news online last week.

I'll meet him someday.

"Hanna?" i snap when i heard Shielda's fingers snapping.

"Are you alright? You zoned out for a bit there." Shielda ask after palming my forehead i gave her a genuinely awkward smile as a response for her worrisome question. After thirty minutes of chats we went back but unexpectedly to see Ying and Commander Fang in the I infirmary room as me and Shielda currently passes by.

We sprinted inside to see Ying's neck bleeding and Commander Fang's other eye in terrible condition.

Woah? What happened back there?

"Commander what happened?" Shielda ask worried same reaction i had as i scan their condition. It was quite drastic and harsh to look at. "Tssk why don't you ask him." Ying spat, hearing her voice super annoyed kinda give me chills and goosebumps. It was my first time hearing Ying so mad at something. In fact from our Commander Fang.

"I didn't mean it okay? I apologize for being arrogant. I didn't mean to crossed the line." Our Commander retorted feeling guilty and annoyed at the same time too. Ying just turned away and crossed her arms ignoring our Commander i silence.

Me and Shielda fell in speechless and confuse, the tension between them was kinda unusual. Usually i heard Commander Fang is strict and doesn't give a damn about his way of teaching but now? As my eye witnesses it, Commander Fang? Apologizing? Hehe what an unexpected moment this is. It's rare for him to act this way.

"Alright the Two of you Tomorrow we will have a Survival Simulation, but for you Miss Hanna. I need you to prepare yourself for a realistic survival training. This will determine if you're worthy of being the last member of this team. As i heard your skills are kinda impressive base from your background and from my superiors." I gulp and saluted to him after hearing of what he said my mind was blown away, meaning I'm accepting it. I noticed Ying and Shielda's shock reaction staring at me.

I saw Ying stood up creating a scene." That's not fair! Why are you doing it only with Hanna? She's still new here and just a rookie!? Are you out of your mind! It's too risky for her!" Ying exclaims going against it. She was right but the Commander was right too, as i look at Commander i already figured it out.

It was my turn now. Shielda and Ying's Survival Skills are already tested and now it was only me. I needed to do this in order for me be accepted and worthy of Team 4. "Hanna? Say something are you sure about this?" Ying ask as she held both of my hands. I let out a genuine smile to calm her down.

"It's alright Ying, you don't have to be worried. I will succeed this, don't worry." i said while her, the disappointment in her reaction was written all over her face but at the same time proud. And i knew Ying knows it that i will.

"Alright then but if everything goes wrong I'll come and get you okay?" i nodded. "Yeah we'll come just promise us to be careful no matter what." Shielda intercepted and held my shoulder. I smiled at the both of them, the confidence and compassion around me boostens up thanks to them. I can't believe i have someone like them supporting me in this, i wish My Family would understand and do the same thing to me.

But as i just said it was impossible. Mostly for my Family.

The Commander clears his throat. "I will forget that someone from my cadets just yelled at me, the same time i wish you good luck Hanna, don't let us down." he said back to his serious self and i nodded at him for sure.