ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟼𝟺: ʜᴀʀsʜ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ

Kind words can get you places.

They can make a person believe exactly what you're saying and give them reassurance to trust in you and your actions. But as always, there's a limit to how much kind words you can use—well at least for some people. For those individuals, patience is thin. You can be patient for a while, but when things start to go the other way is when their patience goes out the window.

Jae groaned as he stared down at the girl who was close to crying on his bed, again. "Can you please stop? Oh my god stop being so selfish Jori. What? Can you not do this one thing I ask you for?" She was sitting on his bed and he told her to move backwards towards the headboard. But Jori didn't move. Now he was straight on yelling at her as he went through this many times already. She's been acting like that ever since she first stood up to him but was then shut down a week ago.

"B-but you always put handcuffs on me when-when you tell me to move back..."

"And? Is that a big deal? You always think about your damn self." He groaned again.

Please don't be mad at me Jae. Everyone else is mad at me right now. Not you too.

Knowing she had to comply so he wouldn't get more mad, she sniffled before slowly inching back on the bed towards the headboard. Once her back touched the cold wood she shivered before she felt his rough hands grabbed her wrist pulling it back. Tears spilled from her eyes but she wasn't able to wipe them.

Her head hung low when she felt her other wrist handcuffed. Jori closed her eyes once she his hands move up her body.

If she had to feel it, she at least didn't want to see it.

She bit her lip to choke back a sob before she kept repeating thoughts in her mind.

Soon it'll be over. Soon it'll be over. Soon it'll be over. Soon it'll be over...

»»————-  ————-««

Then after what seemed like the storm happened, the moment where she felt like giving up, then came the peaceful kindness again. Yet sometimes it was still laced with words of hate. But just like before he was always able to reassure her that he just 'leashed out on anger' but he was fine and he cared for her and he always did.

Fake reassurance.

But again she didn't know that.

"You know I didn't mean any of that right baby," he asked as his hand rubbed her thigh in the car. Jori nodded slowly as she tried to process his words. The same weird words he always said. Ones she always believed. "I won't be that harsh next time, I promise okay?"

Promise.

"Okay," she softly said before turning to kiss his cheek and got out his car. It was about eleven at night when she walked through her dorm door feeling lifeless. Just as always she felt like absolute shit. She felt dirty and used but then was always replaced with a flawed logic that he was going to be gentle with her next time and she didn't need to worry.

A flawed logic that repeated itself like a broken record through her head.

Today the guys went out somewhere so she assumed that they were sleeping because they were most likely tired from whatever they did. But what she didn't expect was all of them to be in the living room, at that exact moment. Expecting them to be asleep Jori didn't bother to cover anything. She was in a coat, that was zipped up, in black jeans, a white tank top, and that was it. She wasn't covering her face, nor her neck, and even through the rips of her jeans you could see the purple and blue marks that were displayed on her very pale skin.