CHAPTER 1 - It's Been So Long

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this, (Y/n)... Now you have to go back to your kingdom as they say" Queen Lolopechka of the Heart Kingdom apologized sincerely.

"It's not your fault. My parents were the one who made me study here and I was also the one willing to help you and your kingdom" You bowed down to her.

It's just recently when the Heart Kingdom got news from the Clover Kingdom to let you return for an urgent discussion. You were surprised by this since it's been years since you've left the Clover kingdom.

"Congratulations, (Y/n). I hope your clan grows more glory than it has" She said as you pardoned yourself to now leave.

"Thankyou Queen Lolopechka. I pray for your health and life" you said and walked away to get escorted to a boat. You wandered off in your imagination and thought about the Clover Kingdom.

"It's been so long since I've been to Clover, I wonder if anything changed?" You thought out loud. Your mind slowly drifted off to your childhood friend.

"Nozel, I wonder if you've forgiven me from leaving you without a goodbye.." you trailed off as the wind blew and your hair danced amongst it.

Your family were considered to be one of the most respected family mostly when your family were closely acquainted with the Silva's. You were feared by many since you're not only a noble but you also inherited both your parent's magic.

Aurora magic infused with Siren magic, that's your magic. You would like to call it as Siren's Aurora Magic but every powerful person will have one of the most unexpected weakness.

But you won't reveal that just yet.

You pursed your lip into a thin line when you remembered Acier Silva. She was pregnant with a little on named Noelle and you swore to the woman to make Noelle into a fine young woman.

No one expected your sudden long time disappearance. It was so sudden that your parents made you live in the Heart Kingdom aswell get accepted as a scholar so easily.

You were saddened at the thought that you've missed the last day of Acier Silva aswell as slowly fading away from Nozel Silva's life. You knew you two are close as children but he could've changed.

That's right, you do not know him anymore

•••

Who knew that the moment you stepped into Clover Kingdom is the moment you'll be reunited with Nozel Silva. The two of you are standing infront of the current Wizard King as he held a letter on his hands.

This letter was very familiar and you frankly remember it to be written by Acier Silva herself. You weren't mistaken when you saw the Silva's seal on it as Julius Novachrono opened it.

"Nozel Silva, (Y/n) (L/n), I now that this is sudden but you two are now betrothed to each other. The seal has been signed by both your parents and was initiated by Acier Silva"

"Congratulations, I bless your marriage" Julius said in delighted tone. Julius knew you when you came across him and helped him find his direction. Apparently  he also asked you for your magic type and got excited over it.

'What a very odd man' you thought and smiled inwardly.

"I suppose I have no choice but to oblige my mother's wishes" Nozel said in his usual cold voice. He looked at you and nodded as he left you without saying anything more.

"He changed so much" you said when he closed the door. Julius heard this and knew that you would be able to reach out to the unexpressive man. Nozel Silva is now in great hands.

"Is there anything I must know about Nozel?" You asked the Wizard King as he graciously nodded.

"For starters, he's the current captain of the Silver Eagles and if you don't mind, I'll appoint you to be one of the members so that you can get closer to each other considering you're gone for years" Julius offered as you nodded with a smile.

"Thankyou, that would be greatly appreciated. I want to discuss some things with him and also make up for the lost time" you replied.

Little did you know that the moment Nozel went out the doors, he stayed put and concealed his presence. It was a lowly thing to do but he eavesdropped on your conversation.

He couldn't help it, the mention of your name feels so nostalgic. Since you two were apart so many years, he doesn't know how to act around you. In his eyes you've grown into such a capable looking woman and he was delighted.

Although one thing still remains in his mind, both of you need to break the engagement somehow. He stopped eavesdropping and waited for you to come out so you can get escorted.

"Oh Nozel! You're still here" you exclaimed as you closed the door behind you. Nozel opened his eyes and gestured you to follow him to your new abode.

"It's been such a long time Nozel! I couldn't believe that I'm back here and immediately saw my childhood friend" you said in a soft yet enthusiastic voice.

He kept quiet as he walked beside you. You looked at him and he undoubtedly seemed uninterested. He hasn't forgiven you afterall.

"Look, Nozel, I apologize for my sudden disappearance back then. I too was baffled at the sudden news" you said and he slightly furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm assuming that you want to cancel this engagement?" You asked him as he hummed which signalled a 'yes' .

"I see, the feeling is mutual" you said and he spared you a glance. You looked very calm and serious , very unlike the enthusiasm you showed earlier .

A few moments later, you were infront of the Silva's humble abode. Nozel opened the door for you and was greeted by the Silva household. You scanned your eyes at the crowd and saw Acier Silva— no, that must be Noelle Silva.

You smiled at them and bowed slightly, they were surprised by your presence and Noelle was simply confused.

"It's great to have meet you all again and..." you trailed of and went towards a certain Silva.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Noelle Silva. I have faith in you" you patted her head as you heard the others scoff. Noelle looked at you as if it was the first time she got complimented.

"Pardon my rudeness but who are you?" She asked as the others mockingly laughed at Noelle. Now you know what she's been through, she must be blamed for her mother's death.

"This is (Y/n) (L/n) and she's soon to be a Silva" Nozel declared as their eyes hastily found your figure and widened in bewilderment.

"I hope all of you would accept me in your family" you said and smiled charismatically. You're well aware that your not going to be a Silva because you'll be breaking the vow.

"Please excuse (Y/n), I'll escort her to her room" Nozel said and gestured you to follow him. He pointed out at a room and told you that it was yours.

"Tomorrow, I'll introduce you to the Silver Eagles" he said and went to a room next to yours. It didn't take a smart brain to tell that he was forced to to do such things.

But I guess this is a start and soon, things will be getting fun.