CHAPTER 18 - Argument

"Nozel..." You said as you looked at the man on your side. You were in the healing ward, the exact opposite of what you wanted.

"Why am I here." You demanded an answer. You don't know if he saw the curse mark or anything so you can't spill things just yet.

"You're severely injured, do you expect me to let you off untreated?" He asked at you.

"But I told you to not let anyone heal me and you even nodded" you argued.

"I did but I'm not a fool. You might die if you don't get treated" he stubbornly said.

"That doesn't matter" you told him as he stood up and towered over you. He looked at you intently and returned his gaze.

"Your life matters and don't say otherwise. Stop being stubborn, stop downgrading yourself, stop being such a pessimist, and stop acting like you can handle everything even though you know you can't" he told you as your pride got the best of you.

"So in other words, you don't trust me" you bitterly said and broke the gaze.

"I didn't say anything like that" he confirmed himself.

"Ofcourse. Why did I even bother learning to love you when you don't even return my fee-"

"I love you" he said and you looked at him with eyes wide. You huffed and sighed, knowing that he just did that to prove you wrong.

"Ofcourse you do" you said like how he always said it.

"You don't believe me, do you?" He asked as you crossed your arms and closed your eyes.

"That means that you don't trust me too" he said as he felt his temper worsening. He does love you but he hated this side of you that doesn't believe him.

"You can't build a relationship without trust, (Y/n)" he said as you furrowed your eyebrows.

"And whose fault is that?" You asked.

"It's yours" he said as you snapped your eyes open and looked at him.

"Liar. It's you. You've always been on your worst behaviour, neglected me even, since I got back and you even believed that I was the one who attacked the Royal Capital. Do you really think I would injure Feugoleon like that?" You asked him in frustration.

"Neglected you? I've always been there for you, fool. On the contrary, you're the one who neglected me" he retorted.

"It's because you didn't want me to be there! You wanted to get rid of me and break the vow" You drowned in your emotions.

"You wanted to break it too, didn't you?" Nozel said in a annoyed tone.

"I did it for your sake! I have reasons!" You stood up and even though you felt immense pain, you tried to reach for the door. You felt gentle arms wrap around your body. you felt like crying.

"You don't know how hard it is to love you Nozel. That's why I won't bother you anymore" you felt tears drop to the solid ground.

"Are you deaf, woman?" He asked.

"I said I love you" he repeated.

"You don't. You know how much I hate pity" you told him and tried to break free from his grasp.

"Then why do you pity yourself" he demanded an answer. You stayed quiet and he picked you up only to place you on the bed to rest.

"Just stay in bed." He demanded.

"You love me don't you?" He asked

"Then stay alive" he finished.

"That's impossible" you replied.