CHAPTER 20 - Back to you

You've been training for a week as your once sealed powers slowly came back. You've decided to go back to The Clover Kingdom, you had a feeling that you absolutely needed to go back. Without second thoughts, you said your goodbyes and returned.

"Nozel Silva, I've met you too soon" you told the man before you as you got of the ship. He seems like he's been waiting for your return, the word of your return had spread.

You've become quite a model to the citizens. The moment that your little volunteerism was written in the news, people adored how selfless you are. It was a such a big task to aid another kingdom and to do it alone was heroic.

The Kingdom was ecstatic to hear that you'll soon be returning to The Clover Kingdom in a span of weeks. Most of them thought that you've done such a great job that the Queen had been satisfied to let you go.

"The word spread like wild fire. You've become an inspiration after your heroic volunteerism" he explained as you nodded.

"I see, that's such an honor to hear" you told the man as he eyed you. Something about you felt off for him but he couldn't quite grasp what. You seemed more posh and matured, as if you've grown wiser in over a week.

"Will you be staying with us?" He questioned as you shook your head.

"I've already prepared for this. I have bought a house in the Royal Capital" you informed him as he nodded, devastated. Both of you continued to walk to the Wizard King's office until Nozel broke the silence.

"I've told you that I love you but you act as if it's nothing" he told you while you continued walking alongside him with a straight face.

"It's because it is nothing. Sometimes people say the important things a little bit too late" you replied.

"You've changed" he concluded as you stopped in your tracks.

"So have you, Nozel. Desperately inlove doesn't necessarily suit you" you retorted

"Perhaps it doesn't but remember that it is your fault" he told you. You started to walk again but he wasn't accepting the fact that he ignored you. You were very out of character and he intends to know why.

In a swift motion, he forcefully trapped you against the walls as you looked at him in the eyes, unfazed. You held his wrist and gripped it tightly, motioning him to move.

"What happened" he asked.

"What happened is that I fell out of love. Now please get that through that thick head of yours" you said in defense.

"What. Happened." He asked more seriously.

"It is what it is, Nozel. Please don't act so brash and let go of me" you said while looking at him with the same seriousness.

"Please excuse my behaviour. You're allowed to join the Silver Eagles once more" he said as he started to walk .

"Ofcourse, I'll gladly join" you nodded and left to go see Julius Novachrono for reports.

•••

'She's obviously changed but it seems like nothing is wrong'  Nozel thought as he waited for you to finish talking with the Wizard King.

'Did she really stop having affections for me? I've been so blind and prideful'  he continued as you walked out the door, only to meet your now distant gaze.

"I see, you waited for me" you spoke.

"Haven't I always?" He replied.

"You have, haven't you?" You replied with a question as he hummed.

"Would you mind me if I walk you home?  I wouldn't want you in the streets just to know that you've lied having a home" he explained, trying to swallow up his pride.

"I am no liar, Nozel, I didn't lie to you. I only hid the truth in silence" you told him as a matter of fact.

"But keeping me in the dark was not an option either, (Y/n)" he replied. You started to walk towards the direction of your home as Nozel was beside you.

"I have no choice, I don't want you to get dragged into this mess" you told him, your tone of voice matching his cold exterior.

"Then if you didn't want me to get dragged into this mess then why.." he stopped himself, trying to calm his nerves. You glanced at him from the side and he seemed like he's indeed in pain.

"Why did you make me fall inlove with you" he finally said. Your eyes widened and you stopped in your tracks. You felt your heart quicken only to be followed with surging pain.

That's right, the moment you try to break the curse, you'll be left with the pain of life. In any case, there's a high chance for you to die and you aren't risking that yet.

Nozel noticed your distressed figure who was struggling to catch your breath. He immediately aided you and carried you in his magic to his house.

"Nozel nii!" Nebra exclaimed as she saw his eldest brother holding you in his magic. She was feeling anxious over your well being since the Silva's have grown fond of you.

"Nozel. Why did you have to bring me here" you asked in a little annoyance, you shouldn't be here or else you might remember the past, the feeling of what it means to love him.

"You need urgent medication. I don't know where you live and it's safer here" he explained in a rush manner while you stood up. You need to find a reason to hate him, fast.

"Nozel, how did you think I have this curse to begin with?" You asked the Silver haired man as he somehow looked guilty.

"You're aware that the only person who told me about this curse was... You" you continued as he looked down at the floor as if it's the most interesting thing in the world.

"You know that talking about the curse makes another curse right?" You trembled as he finally had the courage to look at you in the eyes.

"I apologize. I didn't mean to bring you harm" he told you but instead of feeling anger, you can see his child self crying over his mistakes. He was alone and he needs someone to talk to that time.

You were always a person who always understoods awful situations.

"Nozel, I apologize but this time... This time I need you to let go of me. Don't wait for me to love you again" you pursed your lips to form a thin straight line.

"Why.." he asked as you looked at him.

"Why do you shut me out?" He asked. Seeing him in his vulnerable state, you hated it. You hated that you were the kne who made him like this. You needed him to be strong.

You took a step forward and slapped him square in the face. You could see his visible confusion and surprise.

"You idiot. Just leave me be"