CHAPTER 10 - Merits Conference

"Sir Julius!" You said in shock that he was infront of you. He smiled graciously and laughed, "I'm sorry but can you attend the small celebration for the Merits Conference?" He asked.

"Eh? But I have no role to fulfill there" you said as he shook his head, still wearing a smile.

"I'm sure you'll be greatly needed there" he said as you nodded. "I can't refuse you, can't I?" You laughed as he thanked you for complying.

He left in a rush and so did you. You went in the conference and immediately saw a soaked Noelle. You furrowed your eyebrows and immediately wen to her. One of your siren's magic attributes is to control a small amount of water.

You flicked your hand and the liquid from Noelle was now floating in the air. You signalled it to go to the plants on the side and used it for life.

"Noelle, are you harmed?" You asked.

"Lady (Y/n)...." She trailed off. You always cared and looked after her and she grew a soft spot for you. You believed in her when her siblings failed to show it.

You felt a chilling aura of a certain captain who was walking towards the scene. "Solid, don't be so quick to use your magic on a mere peasant" he said.

"A peasant who foolishly tried to defy royalty ... How shall I punish you?" He coldly asked Asta as you heard Noelle muttered Asta's name.

You were about to step in but Fuegoleon beat you to it. "That's enough, you should be ashamed of yourselves, Silvas" he said as you sighed in relief.

Nozel looked at you and how you were relieved with Fuegoleon's presence. It made him more agitated in secrecy. You sweat dropped at how the two of your childhood friends were now trying to overpower each other.

You went near them and enabled your aurora magic to calm down their overbearing mana. For the other's eyes, you're magic was astoundingly beautiful.

"That's... Amazing..." Asta whispered loudly.

The door opened and a random knight appeared. He seemed like he was in distress as Fuegoleon asked him the emergency.

"T-The Capital!"
(?65
"The Capital is under attack!" He said as you felt you slipped out of the meeting to see if it was the Spade Kingdom. You helped the citizens along the ways and concluded that this matter doesn't concern your well being.

The Knights present on the conference started to plan and was grouping themselves. "The only one left to group is (Y/n)—" they all looked for the woman that went missing.

'That woman—' Nozel thought as he rode the water like bird for transportation. "Brother, what about Lady (Y/n)?" Solid aksed as he Nozel's mood dropped more.

"She's no longer my concern" he stated as the other Silvas looked at him with shock and confusion.

"What do you mean, brother?" Nebra asked.

"After this crisis, we'll be cancelling the engagement like how things were supposed to be" he replied with an icy tone.

The other Silvas stayed quiet and decided to focus on the mission. Coincidentally, on their way, they came across the woman they were talking about.

Thankfully you're magic was complying to your needs as you hastily saved the citizen. Nozel helped you and you looked at him and nodded.

Nebra and Solid knew that both of you had indefinite feelings with each other but you two made a great duo. You supported Nozel as he was the one to attack. You both had each other's back so the other Silvas were confused as to why you decided to cancel the engagement.

•••

The Magic Knights were outsmarted but you figured out the trap but it was to late to inform the others as they got teleported. "I pray for your safety" you said as you tried to look for others who remained in town.

"Noelle!" You spotted the other Silva along with Leopold and Asta.

"Lady (Y/n)!" She exclaimed back as recognition.

"The others were teleported out of the scene! I see that Fuegoleon was also caught in the spatial magic?" You asked as Noelle deducted something different.

"I don't think that that's the case. Captain Fuegoleon was caught in the spatial magic but it was different from a trap" Noelle informed you.

"Then that means that they're after Fuegoleon..." You said as she nodded at your precise thinking. Asta attacked the corpse and the spatial magic user appeared.

"It's over now" he said as a spatial portal opened and Fuegoleon's body dropped. Your eyes diluted and you felt angered, you're magic power that the curse was restraining suddenly dispersed. 

You immediately attacked the spatial magic user but it was just a distraction to get the injured captain. You took his body and healed him as you muttered,

"Siren of the Sky: Aurora's healing hymn"

"That should keep restrain him from losing more blood. Hopefully it will heal him aswell but in that condition..." You trailed off as the spatial man went inside his own portal.

You kept your guard up as Noelle asked, "Is it over? Did they flee?". You shook your head no and replied, "Tell Nozel to look after his rival"

"But you're already doing that—" Noelle replied hesitantly as you looked back at her with a smile.

"They're after me next" you said as you feel the spatial magic envelope you. Noelle, Asta, and Leopold looked at you with wide eyes.

"It's inconvenient that Fuegoleon didn't hold the stone we were looking for. I injured a friend for nothing" you looked at William Vangeance and stayed calm.

"Indeed" you said.

"I suppose it's a good thing that you didn't fall for the spatial trap" he chuckled as you huffed out air.

"Is this the part where you're going to over power me?" You asked as he laughed.

"You're such a remarkable woman to have said that in this situation" he commended as you stall time to find a weakness.

"But I see what you're up to. You won't be able to respond with your current speed" you furrowed your eyebrows as he changed appearance.

He moved and you didn't even realize it but he forcefully hit your head as it slammed on the concrete pure white space. You felt your consciousness loosen up and you knew that this will leave you to have a small memory loss.

"I must remember who's the traitor.." you whispered as you felt your stomach getting stabbed by a hot burning light. You felt the necklace being taken and you  lost consciousness.

Your body was sent back to where you were and your lifeless form dropped infront of Nozel. The Silver haired man watched your falling figure like it was in slow motion. His eyes diluted from the sight of your almost lifeless body.

Your body slammed against the floor and it took him a second to act. He then regained his senses and went to check your vitals, it was almost gone but it's there.

"Please live, you foolish woman"