CHAPTER 11 - It's off

It's been a week since you and Fuegoleon are on stuck on coma and it's quite hard for Nozel to break the news to you if you do wake up earlier like how you always did.

Nozel looked at your sleeping form, he was still waiting for you to wake up. Seeing you on the verge of death scared him even though he didn't show it as much as the others should.

It's now another night and the braided captain fell asleep on his own worries and distress. You slowly opened your heavy eyes and saw Nozel resting his upper body on the bed as he was closely sitting down on a separate chair.

You tried to move your eyes while you shakily moved your hands on the silver haired man's head. You tried to hum him a song as he jerked up awake from your warm touch.

"You're awake" he said in disbelief. He was indeed expecting this but to think that you actually woke up before Fuegoleon was otherworldly. You had more damage taken than the other captain.

"I... Am..." Your hoarse voice said.

"Drink water to wake up your senses but don't drink it hastily, you haven't eaten for days" he gave you a glass as you chugged it down.

"Thankyou Nozel. What happened to Fuegoleon?" You asked as Nozel felt an emotion he couldn't decipher.

"He's fine but he's still on coma" he replied rather shortly. You sighed in relief as Nozel became quiet.

"You seem more quiet than usual" you told the man in concern.

"The engagement is off" he said as you widened your eyes. You didn't expect it to end very early, there's still things you needed to say.

"T-that's... great..." You lied to him, you lied to yourself.

"We can stop pretending to be inlove. It's getting bothersome" he said as you looked at him while thinking.

"P-pretend?" You whispered.

"So did you pretend... Everything?" You asked him as you smiled slightly.

"I did" he replied.

"Ah... Then I have no right to stay on your humble home. I'll be moving" you said while you tried to stand up. Nozel stood up to escort you but you refused him.

"Stop being such a stubborn woman" he said as you look at him, "It's as if you're telling me to stop being myself, Nozel" you chuckled even at your state.

He sighed and scooped you up as he commented, "For a person who hasn't ate for days, you're heavier than expected" . You pouted and felt numb.

"I am, aren't I?" You huffed with a smile.

"You need to stop that negative thinking, it makes you ugly" he commented again.

"But it's true, isn't it?" You said as he stayed quiet.

"You never change" he sighed as you giggled happily.

"I don't think you can handle it if I changed" you poked his cheeks as he grew annoyed.

"I don't care if you would change" he remarked as you hummed.

"If you say so but don't you dare cry if I did change" you said in a joking manner well aware that you'll soon change because of the curse.

"As if I'd cry over you" he said in a more icy tone.

"Ah there we go, that's the Nozel I know. You keep acting different that its scared me" you joked around more while getting your belongings.

"Huh, what's this?" You said as you saw the letter delivered to your room .

"They're from clans" you opened one and read them. "Asking hand for marriage..?" You said as you opened another one while it held the same content.

"You've already announced the cancellation of our engagement?" You asked as he nodded.

"I see... Alright" you stacked up the letters and made your way to pack your belongings. Once you're done you stood up and Nozel offered you to stay in the Silver Eagles as it's member.

"I'm quitting" you said which honestly made the man shocked mentally.

"And you'll be staying where?" He asked you in concern.

"I have no idea whatsoever but I'm sure I'll find a way" you pointed out as he disapproves of your thinking and stood infront of the doorway.

"Excuse me Nozel, I must go" you stood infront of the man.

"If you'll be staying nowhere, I'd rather let you stay here" he said looking at you intently.

"No, Nozel, no" you said.

"You stubborn woman. Do you want to be in danger? You just recovered" he stated a fact which you bit your lip at.

"Fine" you gave up.

"Aren't you going to leave?" You asked the man infront of you.

"Do you really want me to leave?" He asked you which undoubtedly caught you off guard.

"How would you expect me to answer that" you said while hiding your face with your hair.

"You're still not going.." you said, waiting for him to leave.

"If I leave, you'll be the stubborn, idiotic woman you are and decide to roam in the streets" he sighed as you thought.

"Good point" you smiled.

"Nozel, do you think Lady Acier would be disappointed with our decision?" You asked as he thought.

"Perhaps" he shortly answered.

"Nozel, do you think you can love me as much as you did back then?"

"No, I can't" he answered.

"If I didn't leave back then, would you have continued to love me?" You asked once more.

"Maybe. Stop asking such questions" he grew tired of hearing your questions even if you just wanted to clarify.

"Then answer this one last question for today, what do you hate about me?" You asked and he thought long and hard.

"You're gullible, indecisive, slow witted for a scholar, quick to give up, weak, annoying, loud, trusts people easily, odd, I cam give more but I think that's enough" he said as he looked at your reaction but he just saw you smile.

"Wow Nozel, I didn't know you hated me THAT much" you emphasized the word  'that'.

"Good thing I'm not your future wife anymore then" you said and chuckled. He was confused as to why you're smiling ever so brightly despite him saying all those horrible things.

"Also, I'm not letting you quit until you've finished all your missions" he stated firmly as you blinked your eyes.

"I'll be giving you a break tomorrow so you can recover more but after that, I'll be requiring you to do your mission.