CHAPTER 3 - Fueggy!

You woke up from the sunlight that kissed your face. You opened your eyes and see that you're comfortably situated on the soft bed. You were still in Nozel's room but he was nowhere to be found.

'Nozel must've positioned me to sleep more comfortably in bed. He's not that bad afterall' you thought.

You decided get up and groom yourself on your room next door. You thought about your childhood and remembered Fuegoleon and Mereoleona.

'Its possible that they became Captains too, maybe I should see?' you thought while feeling giddy from the thought of meeting them again.

You made your way out and went to the Vermillion's. You've always been great at sensing mana and it didn't take you long to find the mana of a calm but fiery man.

You smiled and rushed to the man and surprised him with a hug. He was surprised by your sudden presence but he was glad that he didn't took action and hurt you.

"(Y/n)..? You're back?" He asked you which was totally obvious that you are.

"Fueggy! It's been a long time! It seems like the news hasn't spread yet" you said while parting from his warm body. You've always liked hugging the said man since he always feels very warm.

"Well, welcome back! If you have the time, you must meet my little brother. He would learn greatly from you" he said as you nodded.

"I didn't know that you're expecting to have a little brother!" You said excitedly. You were always so fond of kids since they are the hope of everyone.

"I'll escort you. May I?" He said being the gentleman he is. He offered his elbow for your hand to take and you thankfully did. He escorted you to place very familiar, it's the place where he always trains as a child.

"Leopold, I would like you to meet someone" He said as the small boy wiped his sweat and looked at his brother. He noticed your figure and blinked his eyes to see if his eyes isn't deceiving him.

'Is that bug brother's girlfriend!?' He thought quite hastily. He fixed his composure and tried to act great and full of dignity as you laugh.

"You remind me so much of Fueggy when he was a child" you pointed out which made Fuegoleon look at you with a 'Really?-Face' .

Leopold's eyes sparkled at the though of being like his big brother when he was a child. The small Vermillion immediately took a liking to you.

"Oh pardon, I'm (Y/n) (L/n). It's a pleasure to meet you Leopold" you smiled gingerly which made the small boy's heart flutter in admiration.

"I'm Leopold Vermillion!" He said really quickly.

"Anoo, big brother, is this your girlfriend? I mean, you've been busy this past few days, is she the reason?" Leopold boldly asked you which both of you surprised.

"No, she's not. She's a childhood friend who became a scholar for the Heart Kingdom so she left the kingdom at an early age" Fuegoleon coughed and explained.

"Oh" is all what he could say.

"(Y/n), would you mind if I escort you to town? I would love to recreate our childhood together" you enthusiastically said yes. Consequently, you didn't think of it as a date as many would've thought. Hopefully, this wouldn't start an issue.

•••

"Have you heard? Fuegoleon Vermillion is with a high looking status woman. She seems to be very close with the Captain of the Crimson Lions" gossips can be heard immediately once Nozel roamed around the perimeter.

'Is this woman possibly (Y/n)?' Nozel thought. He didn't like the thought that you immediately got close to his rival. He also didn't like the thought of you having a bad reputation so he did the most rational thing a fiance would do.

He stopped his work to find you and tried his best to detect your mana. You have an oddly calm mana which most likely suit your magic that's why it was rather hard to find you.

It's true, Nozel saw you with Fuegoleon very close to each other. Fuegoleon seemed to be at ease with giving you a necklace. You turned around as he placed the necklace on your neck.

Nozel saw some people spare glances at you and the captain and once there were few people on the location, Nozel immediately made an appearance.

"Nozel, have you met (Y/n) yet?" Fuegoleon asked the man as he scoffed. Nozel gently took your arm and gently pulled you into his chest.

"Yes I have and..." He trailed off while embracing one of his hand on your waist.

"I would like it if you wouldn't get so close to my fiancé" he declared as Fuegoleon looked at the both of you with a surprise yet happy face.

"Congratulations! Why isn't there any news of this?" He asked you and Nozel only closed his eyes , preferably in annoyance and dragged you with him to go back to the Silva's home.

"Did you... get jealous?" Yiu asked him as the man let go of you in a harsh way. He kept walking trying to hide his blush from you as you pouted.

"Ouch, Nozel" you exclaimed as you got up to catch up to the man. "Why don't you ever admit your feelings?" You asked the man as he scoffed again.

"It's because there's nothing to admit" he stated and you spoke, "Then why did you call me as your fiancé when you clearly want to cancel it off?"

"It's because that's what you are" he answered logically.

"Maybe I should get engaged with Fueggy once we finally have a reasonb to call this off—"

"No." Nozel cut you off as you looked at him with a surprise face. You were sure that he wouldn't care to even reply to that.

"Ohhh?" You teased him as he sighed.

"That would make you seem like you're targeting royalty, wouldn't it?" He said as you hummed in acceptance. It's hard to get Nozel to admit his feelings but maybe one day he will.

"I'd be long dead if that ever happens" you whispered in a sad tone but Nozel heard it anyways as he furrowed his eyebrows.

'What are you pertaining to?' He asked in his head while you were looking off in the distance.

"Ah! You like roasted ducks right, Nozel?" You asked him and he got surprised that you remembered that small detail.

"Hmm maybe I should cook for you! I am your fiancé, aren't I?" You teased him as you went on ahead to the kitchen as Nozel followed in order to keep an eye on you.

'What an unmannered woman you are. You must've been oppressed in the Heart Kingdom for so long that you tend to act this way' he thought while he looked at you who was cooking as if you're just a peasant working for the Silva's.

'Why are you such an open woman yet you have so many mysteries?' he asked himself on his head.