CHAPTER 15 - A Piece of Truth

Nozel started to flutter his eyes open. One thing he felt was cold, no warmth whatsoever. His head didn't throb in pain and he was feeling fine, the only not fine was his hazy memory from last night.

He was sure you were with him last night aswell but somehow you were simply gone. How could he have let you go when he was holding on to you so tight.

The now messily braided haired man sat straight up only to feel something nuzzle on the massive yet supposedly empty space of the bed. He gently unfold the covers and his heart instantly warmed up.

He saw your almost falling figure to the side of the bed, snoring ever so peacefully but then you faded. That's right, he was just imagining you there.

"Why the long face? Did my magic not work? Do you still feel head pain?" Your figure asked, walking in from the balcony.

"I'm fine, thankyou" he replied. He didn't know if he'll be happy that you're here. He was having mixed emotions right now. He knows that he's starting to develope feelings for you although it's easier said than done. The puppy love he felt when you were children was way simpler than this.

"Then why do you seem discontented? I'm sorry I didn't wake you up if that's what's wrong" you apologized as he looked at you in the eyes.

"No, not at all. I appreciate you taking care of my drunk state last night" he lowered his pride to apologize.

"It's alright! Really!" You smiled softly which made the Silver haired man lighten up his mood a little.

"I'm sorry but can you recall what happened last night?" He tried to gain information. He knew that you said something important but he couldn't remember just what it is.

"Ah, it's nothing. If you've forgotten it, maybe it's not that important right?" You told him as he looked at you strangely but didn't question anything.

"I suppose. You're excused if you may" he said as you nodded and left the door. You decided to stroll around town and you somehow came across another Magic Knight's HQ.

"(Y/n) (L/n), it's a pleasure to see you here. What is it that you're here for?" You turned around to see a charismatic smile of a masked man.

"Ah William Vangeance, I was roaming around and somehow gone to wander off here" you returned his smile as he tried to spark another conversation.

"It was you who sung and made the Aurora scenery on the Magic Knights exams, correct?" He asked as you nodded.

"Well yes, I am" you responded.

"It's magnificent. I even have this urge like I was being controlled of some sort" he said as you sharpened your senses.

"Really now? Thankyou for finding it bewitching but I do have to go" you said as he looked at you straight in the eyes.

"Are you sure? You might not be okay to walk such distances, you recovered quite quickly from the impact you've suffered" he said as you nodded.

"I'm sure I'll manage, I'll talk to you when we have the chance. I must go" you excused yourself as you furrowed your eyebrows and went to the Silva's garden area.

"My spell only bewitches and controls those who's a potential threat and from Captain Vangeance's words, he seemed to be control..."

"He said that I've recovered quickly from the great impact I've suffered but I don't recall him being there nor did he have a reason to visit me when I was in a coma"

"Is it possible that William Vangeance is a traitor of the kingdom? It makes sense on how the attackers knew what was going on.." you concluded.

"I mustn't jump into conclusions.." you said as you felt a flock of birds nearing you as one even landed on your head.

"Aren't you sweet?" You chuckled to the birds as Nozel came in the scene, looking for you to inform you with another mission.

He saw your figure happily bonding with the birds as the wind gently brushed against your hair and clothes. It was a scene that he wants to see over and over again but alas, he can't.

"(Y/n)" he called you. The birds immediately went away as one stayed on your head. You looked at Nozel, figuring out what he wants.

'Did he overheard my little theory?' you thought and felt yourself sweat a bit.

"I'm here to inform you about our next mission. Tomorrow we'll be investigating  lands for the kingdom's expansion" he said as you nodded your head.

The little bird flew towards Nozel and pecked him forcefully. You giggled at the scene while he swatted the harmless bird .

"It seems like animals doesn't still like you, huh Nozel?" You teased, closing his eyes and sighing.

"Nozel, I love you" you said in random and he almost choked at his own saliva from the suddenness of your words. Technically you did say that you'll keep reminding him that you love him.

"Excuse me?" He composed himself as you smiled brighter.

"I love you!" You said in a more enthusiastic voice.

"You shouldn't say that so nonchalantly" he scolded as you looked at him

"But it's true" you replied as he eyed you.

"It's improper" he retorted.

"It's love, it's natural" you replied.

"No"

"Yes

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"No"

"Aw Gosh Dang it! You didn't fall for it" you pouted like a child as Nozel squinted his eyes in annoyance. It's as if you're in your chibi form, ranting to the birds.

"Who would fall for such childish antics" he said wondering how he was falling for you in the first llace. He closed his eyes and opened them to see your solemn figure. Your mood and atmosphere changed drastically and it concerned him.

"Just admit that you love me too, silly" you attempted to joke to get rid of your sad thoughts.

"Who said that I love you?" He asked as his pride kept him from answering the truth. "Your action says you love me" you told him as he kept silent.

"I'll love you when you hate me" he said as you slightly pouted. "But that time would never come" you whined as he replied, "exactly" .

"Oh and Nozel.." you trailed off.

"There's a certain enemy that might be near. Be careful" you said as you walked towards him with shining eyes he has come to adore.

"Tell me, (Y/n), are you an enemy?" He asked as you furrowed your eyebrows. On the Captain's meeting today, William Vangeance had brought up a very intriguing point.

And that point is that you quickly recovered from fatal injuries and you've most likely seen foe's appearance but didn't tell them . These two factors are believable and it doesn't help that you were being hunted by the Spade Kingdom.

Maybe you were an enemy to all. No one knows for certain, even Nozel. You looked at him clear in the eyes and saw doubt in them. You felt stupid and helpless, you may have suspected William Vangeance but everybody else suspects you.