CHAPTER 6 - Make it Real

"Uhmmm Nozel...?" You stopped walking and so did the silver haired man who was following you.

"What is it?" He asked as if he wasn't doing anything ehem— weird and out of character.

"Why are you constantly following me?" You nervously laughed as he blink in realization. "Oh.. ehem—" he cleared his throat and stood still.

You went near the man and attempted to touch his forehead to see if he was sick but he immediately took your arm and swatted it away.

"Don't touch me, I'm not sick" he semi glared at you and you smiled.

"Great! You're back to normal!" You said while walking away once more. Nozel was dumbfounded at your little act, was he really that naturally cold towards everyone?

'Maybe a little' he thought as he followed you again.

"Seriously, Nozel, you need to stop following me and fulfill your duties for the day" you scolded him as you turned around.

"I have to make sure you won't be getting into more trouble" he replied and looked at your smaller figure who was pouting adorably while you have both your hands on your waist.

"I guess I have no choice but to accompany you with your work.." you sighed and held out your hand like you used to before as children. He hesitantly took it as you continued to walk hand by hand.

"Isn't this nostalgic, Nozel?" You asked as he hummed in response. He immediately remembered the dagger he found that was most likely the weapon used against you.

"You recovered really quickly from the attack. Why did you refuse to stay under Owen's care longer?" He asked you and you tightened your hand unconsciously.

"I— I don't like to be confined. I need to maximize my time whenever I can. No human stays alive fore too long" you said as Nozel squeezed your hands as a sign of reassurance.

"Then answer me truthfully, why are the people of the Spade kingdom after you?" He demanded an answer from you as you tried to act dumb.

"The Spade Kingdom's people are the one's to attack me?" You questioned him. You squinted slightly and shifted your body very subtly .

"Stop hiding the truth" he said as he stopped walking which led you to stop aswell.

"You squint your eyes and shift your body to the right . Your tone also becomes slightly high pitched whenever you say a lie" he said as you widened your eyes in shock.

"E-eh?" Is all that you can muster to say.

"So, the truth. Now." He demanded.

"I've been in the Heart Kingdom and ran errands for the queen. I got caught up in a mess that can never be resolved especially at this time" you told him half of the details.

"And that mess is?" He inquired further.

"That mess is...." You trailed off.

"None of your business" you finished. Nozel tightened his hand that was enveloping yours, he wanted to protect you but why do you keep pushing him away at these times? He was genuinely confused.

"So.. the engagement. How are we planning to cancel it? Is there anything happening that can cancel it naturally?" You asked, changing the topics quickly.

"I'm afraid there isn't yet" he said and you nodded and opened the doors to his office. "Do you want me to help you with anything? I'll make you tea if you want?" You offered him.

"No, just stay here" he said. He knew very well that your presence was enough for him to get satisfied. "Alright" you replied while taking a book on the shelf.

'I should really get stronger...' you thought.

'That's it. Tomorrow I'll be doing some training' you continued to think.

"(Y/n)" Nozel called out for you while you gave him your full attention.

"What is it?" You asked him shortly.

"Why don't we just make this seem like it's real" He said while you tilt your head in confusion. "I'm afraid I don't understand" you said with all honesty.

"I'm saying that instead of finding a way to break off the engagement... Why don't we just learn to— ehem— love each other" he said with a small blush on his face. Admitting this was harder and more embarrassing than he thought.

"I—" you tried to speak but butterflies on your stomach made you unable to function properly. You couldn't believe it.

"Nozel— it's okay— you don't have to force yourself to love someone you don't care for. We'll find a way to break—"

"Who said I didn't care for you?" He dropped his pend and looked at you intently in the eyes.

"W-what? But don't you hate me—"

"How can one hate someone they love?" Nozel asked as you which only made you puzzled and happy at the same time. You didn't know if this was an act of his but maybe you could be a little selfish and take this opportunity.

"Nozel... Is this an act?" You asked to be sure.

"Ofcourse it is" he replied as you felt yourself being pulled down heavily. Your head immediately dropped, he had your hopes up drastically.

Suddenly, you felt your chin being lifted up. You were facing Nozel and he noticed the tears forming on your eyes.

"That's why I want this to stop and make it real. Don't hold yourself back" he said as he swiftly placed his lips on your forehead for a kiss.

There's a reason behind this and you know for a fact that Nozel doesn't like you that way. Maybe he was convincing himself to love you, didn't he?

"There's no harm in trying, I suppose" you said while wiping off your excessive tears. You stood up and kissed Nozel on the cheeks.

"I guess I should start acting like my part but will we still cancel the engagement when the time comes?" You asked in a hopeful matter. You wanted him to say no to cancelling the engagement.

"If the time comes then it's over." He said as he went back to his seat to work. You bit your lip and sat back down. Nozel saw an envelope and it was from the Wizard King.

He opened it and read it. The letter said that you will be going on a mission the day after tomorrow and you'll be going with another member which was Nozel's choice.

'I couldn't trust anybody with her. I'll do this mission with her myself. I need to protect my future wife' He thought as he looked at you sleepy figure.

Time passed and Nozel took a glimpse of you again. You were peacefully sleeping on a chair but in reality, you're in a very uncomfortable position. Nozel knew that you were a heavy sleeper so he picked you up gently and carried you to his room on the Silver Eagle's HQ.

He placed you on the bed and made sure you were warm and cozy. He didn't notice the small tug on his lips, he was slightly smiling over your figure.

It was funny for him that the little promise he gave you as child was coming true. Or so, that's what he wanted to believe. He wasn't sure of your feelings over the arranged marriage so it's best to act as professional as possible.

"But you must know that I did take a liking to you when we were children" he walked away to go and finish his task.

"Stop pretending to sleep and actually sleep, (Y/n) Silva" he said while closing the door behind him to continue his piled up work.

You opened your eyes and felt a tear escape. He loved you, past tense. You were happy that he did but you weren't sure if he still have those feelings.

"I'll be the best wife if only I was strong as everybody believed me to be" you said with a shaky and pleading like voice. You were unaware that Nozel Silva never left the other side of the door and heard everything you've said.

'Weak...? She was never weak. What is she talking about?' Nozel asked himself and left you to be truly alone.