CHAPTER 5 - Breached Walls

"Has she come out of her room?" Nozel asked the servants as they shook their head a 'no'. He sighed and remembered that you haven't come out since the time he shouted at you. You haven't eaten anything yet and it's making him guilty.

"Nozel nee-san, where are you going?" Nebra asked as the eldest Silva stopped eating and held your prepared food. He walked out of the dining area and proceeded to come to your room without a word.

He knocked on your door and didn't hear a response. "(Y/n) don't dull-witted and open the door. You'll gain nothing by locking yourself up" he said as you finally had the courage to respond.

"I appreciate the concern but I need some time on my own" you said through the other side of the door. "Then, I'll leave the food at your door. You need to eat" he said as you heard the plate being placed down .

You heard footsteps walk away and you inhaled the aroma as your stomach begged for the food. You opened the door and was shocked to see Nozel still there.

You looked down and spoke, "Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll be having the food" you picked it up on the ground and began to close the door.

He stopped it with his hands and came in your room and situated himself on a spare chair. "I'll leave when you finally stop being a child and stop this attitude of yours" he said as you sat down and began eating.

"I apologize for my words" he said as you stopped eating and looked at him. He was looking at you and he noticed how puffy and red your eyes was.

You placed the spoon down and spoke, "It's alright. It's true anyways" you said and began to eat again. Nozel was silenced at your words. He was sure that he broke your self-esteem to have admitted something so low like that.

"Nozel, is there anything important happening today?" You asked him.

"The Magic Knights Exam will be held today" he said while he silently questioned as to why you've suddenly asked him that.

"You'll be busier today?" You asked and he nodded. You finished your food and neatly placed the utensils at the side of the tray.

"Nozel, if one of us is gone then the engagement will not happen, right?" You asked him and he nodded again.

"Yes and I'm assuming that you'll be doing something foolish. For that reason, I will not permit you to leave this place today" he said while standing up. He knew you were going to feel like a bird trapped in a cage but he needs to ensure your safety. He can't risk you going missing after those words of yours.

"I won't" you said as he left.

•••

It's bee hours now and the sun was already setting. This was the perfect time to hunt down prey and you were sure that you'll be facing them soon. You didn't do anything but absorb light to for your magic. Hopefully this is one of the days that you luckily control your magic.

"I won't leave but I don't have a choice since I'm being hunted down. It appears that they've already breached the kingdom and no one had noticed yet" you whispered to yourself while looking out the window.

"I pray that Queen Lolopechka is safe" you said to the heavens above you. You felt your whole body in pain as they near you. You won't be going without a fight.

You activated your magic and sung a melody. You were sure that the kingdom would hear it but you need to let your predators hear it. Your aurora magic took it's effect and was now glistening over Clover Kingdom.

People saw how mystical this event is. A soft yet longing melody was hearf and a spectacular aurora captivated them. You were now sweating, trying to keep up your magic as the predators slowly turned their backs and fight each other.

You're magic was able to captivate those who were able to witness it but when you have a target in mind, you can control them as if your were their Goddess.

You didn't know if it affected them or if they we're out to get you anymore and it was risky. Your mana ran out and you were forced to end the song. You prayed that you've gotten them but it seems like you've barely missed one.

A person stabbed you and let you run out of blood. It was risky for him to stay here and it was also risky for him to abduct you now that almost everyone is out of their houses to experience the unknown phenomenon you've caused. You were smart enough to think this through.

"Find me soon, Nozel" you said as your vision became blurry. Once Nozel situated the new members and let them be escorted by the other veterans, he left to see you.

He was certain that the voice belongs to you and he only knows one living person who has Aurora Magic. He opened the door to your room and saw your lifeless eyes. You were on the floor laying on your own pool of blood.

He was feeling more guilty now that he left you in your condition. He took your pulse and he was hearing something feint. You were alive but barely.

He picked you up and something fell, a dagger. He noticed the dagger has something engraved in it. It has a symbol of the Spade Kingdom but he didn't have time to think about this, his priority was keeping you alive.

"If someone was bunting you down, you should've told me sooner you gullible woman" Nozel gritted his teeth while finding his was to Owen.

"Why do you like to trouble me, (Y/n)" he said while holding you closer to him.

"Since we were kids, you've always been the one who gets hurt. You're small and gullible and you would always try to help everyone even if your life was at stake" he said as he reminisced his memories.

"I've failed to keep you out of danger every single time. I never once became your knight in shining armour nor do I want to play that role" he continued to tell your unconscious figure.

"But now, I feel obligated to save you. It's your fault isn't it? I'll save you everytime you need me to" he concluded while he saw Owen in the distance.

"Owen, please spare your time and heal her" Nozel said in a pleading like manner. Owen was baffled at how Nozel said those words as he immediately started his magic to treat you.

"You've never sounded like that, she must be very important" Owen sparked up a conversation.

"Ofcourse she's important, she's my fiancée" Nozel replied with closed eyes.

He knew that you don't want to be married to him, it was evident. Nonetheless, he'll do his best to make you feel loved while he can still call you his fiancée.