CHAPTER 8 - Mission

"So Nozel, you prefer cold women too?" You asked the man beside you, trying to spark a conversation. "I don't like women" he replied as you thought.

"But you love Noelle and Lady Acier" you pointed out. "They're family, it's different" he said as you looked at him with a goofy smile.

"What?" He asked coldly.

"You admitted that you love them!" You cheerfully said as you tripped. "Ouch" you exclaimed while rubbing your head. You noticed a hand being held out as you took it.

"Thankyou Nozel" you said while he continued to walk towards the destination.

"Anyways, do you prefer any traits?" You asked wanting to be ideal to Nozel but you were sure that you're starting to annoy him.

"I like quiet and independent women" he said knowing well that he wanted you to stay quiet and do this job decently.

"Well, I guess I can't be your ideal woman" you sighed and continued to walk. You refrained on talking to respect Nozel but he was already missing your voice. It might be annoying but he felt warm and contented when you talk.

It's like you're saying that he's not so cold and bad afterall. He checked on you every now and then, wanting to avoid what happened to you before.

"We're here" he came to clearing where there were nobles gathered on a remote town for a vacation of some sort.

"They seem rather lively. I don't understand how there's constant attacks when they're this happy" you observed as Nozel thought about it aswell.

"Let's split . I'll take the left and you'll take the right" you said as Nozel nodded. He held out his hand to you so you did aswell. He gave you a communication device and he left.

"I'm all on my own. I hope my magic won't flop this time.." you said while walking around the right side of the town. You observed their gestures and they seemed forced.

You can see how they shift slightly at your glance. They also have subtle sweats on their forehead even though it was a cold place here.

'They're being forced but why...? What's the motive?' you thought as chilly air flew passed you. You love the cold but your sensitive skin disapproves of it. You can't tolerate the cold, it's one of your physical weakness.

"Is it naturally cold in this area?" You asked as the others looked at you with mortified eyes. You guessed that they were being held captives with someone with ice magic.

'That't bound to be the reason...' you said while going somewhere more secluded. You looked around and tried to contact Nozel.

"Nozel. I deducted information—" you got caught off by an ice shard. You got into a fighting stance and looked around. There was no one so you decided to use your siren magic.

You sung a hymn and noticed people coming at you but you didn't fret for they were already in your control. You used your aurora magic to seal them off. When you were about to seal the last man, he attacked you.

"What? My magic didn't work...?" You asked under your breath. You saw his eyes and it was pure white. You clapped your hands and he reacted to it immediately.

"He's handicapped... He has no sense of sight and hearing. But my magic relies on those two things" you said and tried to think of a way to get to the man.

'If only I can get closer to seal him off with my aurora magic.." you said and he disappeared. "he's fast!" You whispered as you felt yourself got kicked. You were never fond of physical fighting since you're always the strategist.