CHAPTER 16 - You didn't

"Uwahhhh!" You said in delight as you gaze into the wonderful view of a field. On the middle of it was a decent sized house, you recall this remote place as your play field with the Silva's.

"It didn't change at all! It's still so wonderful!" You exclaimed as you ran towards the flower field. You looked at Nozel and signalled him to go near you.

"Tag you're it!" You said as you went on the tall grass to hide from the man. You heard him sigh and spoke, "This is a mission for the Kingdom's expansion not a petty game" .

You didn't say a thing as you tried to remember the directions of a certain place you once found with Nozel. Over the tall grass and into the forest, there was a beautiful waterfall that was enclosed with enchanting flowers.

Nozel knew that you wouldn't return so he tried to find you. He knows very well where you're about to go and so, he was right. He spotted you crouching to touch the waters that fell from the waterfall as the flowers illuminated the scene.

"So you still remember this place. I'm glad" you said with a gentle smile. He went to sit beside you and this action made you light your spirits up.

"How could I forget?" He opened up as you widened your eyes at his statement.

"This is the place where I said I'll marry you when we were children" he remembered vividly.

"And this is the place where I said I do" you giggled remembering your youthful days. Just when you said that, lady Acier appeared in the scene and watched it unfold, but that was before and now, you're in a different scenario.

"Remember back then when I carelessly fell down these waters?" He said as you recalled the memories.

"You dragged me down with you" you giggled and he nodded.

"I thought you would get mad but you didn't" Nozel said as you smiled. "It was funny, what could I say?" You replied.

"You're quite clumsy before. Oh! Remember the time where you almost fed me poison berries?" You said as he winced at the thought of his old stupidity.

"Thank goodness you're a smart kid, It thought you would kill me for revenge but you didn't" he said as you played with the water.

"As I child, I admit that I was moody. I dragged you to play with me here but you said it'll rain" he started again.

"And it DID rain!" You stated while pointing at him with puffed cheeks.

"I thought you'd said 'I told you so' but you didn't and laughed in happiness" he said while sighing at his old antics.

"Don't forget the time when you ignored for a few weeks and played with others!" You crossed your arms and smiled.

"I thought you'd leave me for that and stop being friends but you didn't" he said with a small smile on his face. You were kind and selfless.

"I even forgot to tell you that the party was formal but you showed up in a casual attire" he sighed.

"I was seriously embarrassed that time" you said getting second-hand embarrassment from your self.

"I thought you'd leave but you didn't" he replied.

"There are a lot of things I wanted to make up for you so I made a promise that day that we'll play here again" he continued.

"But you didn't come" he finished.

"But I'm here now, aren't I?" You stood up and looked at him in his eyes. It was nice catching up to him but now you felt more guilty than ever.

"I suppose you are" he stood up aswell and offered his hand as you took it. He pulled you towards him and he started guiding you to dance with him as he hummed a little song.

"I was supposed to offer you a dance as thankyou and now I can finally repay you" he said while letting go.

"I love you" you told him again.

"Ofcourse you do" he said and walked away, presumably to continue the mission. You closed your eyes and sighed as you watch him disappear from your view.

"I wonder how much time I have left?" You began walking to catch up to the man you love so dearly.

"Nozel, about before. I'm not an enemy and I need you to trust me. I'm not yet sure if it's really him but once I confirm it is, I'll tell you" you said as he stopped inspecting the land.

"How can I br sure that you're not lying?" He asked in his cold tone and you gently punched him in his heart where his heart would be.

"You listen to your heart" you said as he swatted your hand off him.

"You still believe in that nonsense?" He asked you, knowing well that he wants yo believe you. He's scared. He's scared to be betrayed by you.

"Yes I do, and I hope you will too" you told him and tried to catch eye contact with him for reassurance but it failed.

"The mission, let's finish it" he said as you nodded. Hours had come by and you've inspected the geological features of the land for future expansion.

Nozel finalized everything and everything has been recorded. You plopped down on the fields, feeling exhausted as before.

"I assume you're tired?" He asked as he sat down next to you again like before. You nodded your head and rested it on his shoulders.

"Greatly tired" you replied.

"Nozel, I'll eventually leave you again now that the engagement is off. I'll make sure that I'll say my goodbye this time" you said as his heart undoubtedly ached.

He didn't want you to leave again not now, not when he was starting love you deeper. Not when he still can't say the words you longed to hear from him.

"I'm looking forward to it" he said in response. You feel numb from his words, misinterpreting it entirely.

"I love you" you told him.

"I know" he said .

"I love you" you repeated.

"I told you to stop saying those words so nonchalantly" he sighed as you bit your lip in sadness.

"You'll regret the days you didn't say 'I love you too' to me" you pouted.

"Perhaps" he replied shortly. In reality, he knew that he has time to make up for everything. Both of you still have a long life ahead, he can still plan out everything. He can plan your wedding, your family, your happiness.

But what he didn't know is that you didn't have time. He didn't know that you'll be leaving earlier. Someday he'll wait for you to wake up.

But in that day, You wouldn't.