CHAPTER 27 - Losing Yourself

'It seems like the shadow palace hasn't awoken yet... But... The demons are already tearing up this dimension' Asmodeus looked up in the sky to see black cracks.

"They're attracted to you, right? I need to go on a place where nobody is" you said while enhancing your overall sensory, you roamed around town to find an abandoned place but you only encountered elves.

You quickly restrained them, not with power but with speed. You saw the demons coming closer to the Kingdom, "Asmodeus there's only one place I can think of as of now"

'That't too risky, (Y/n)" he replied. He knew exactly where you're talking about and that place is the dimension where you first met face to face.

"If I stay there, I'll die right? Why is that?" You asked, trying to find a loophole in every situation.

'That's because that dimension is your own consciousness, the curse mark is only the pathway to your mind. If you stay there for a long time, you're consciousness will shutdown and you'll die' He explained in worry.

'Many others died that way when I was cursed with them' he added.

"How much time can I stay there?" You asked him as he sighed, he knew you're going to risk it.

"Thirty minutes to one hour at max" he responded.

"Alright... Asmodeus, take me there" you said and feel light headed. You closed your eyes and opened it just to see the familiar world.

'They're already here.' Asmodeus stood beside you while preparing to fight other demons.

"You're strong if you're in a high rank. I know we'll make it, Asmodeus" you huffed with pride as he smirked.

'Of course, dearest~' he said and dashed his way to get rid of five demons at the same time. You rolled your eyes at his cockiness as he shrugged.

•••

"You've attracted so many demons" you said while wiping your sweat. It's been 28 minutes and you're already light-headed.

'I'm getting you out, you're already dying' Asmodeus hastily went beside you.

"I can still manage a few more demons" you panted. You felt yourself being swooped up and everything blacked out. In a few moments, you were brought back to Clover Kingdom.

"You need to think for another solution, (Y/n)" Asmodeus said while placing you down.

"You're out of my head..." You said while pointing at his physical figure.

"I can physically be here but I can't stray far from you. This form drains me since I'm out of your inner self but I can manage" he explained as you nodded.

"Can others fight these demons?" You asked as he nodded.

"Some can but some may not. For example Asta can since I sense he has a demon within him but other with no relation with the darkness that we demons have are powerless" he told you and you just have to bet.

"Take me to this 'Shadow Palace' you were talking about" you demanded as he carried you bridal style and flew with his black wings.

You entered and saw familiar faces and also saw... 'The First Wizard King?' You shook your mind to see who's the foe. You see two demons but the other one was already defeated.

"Zagred. He was weak from the start but he was a great manipulator" Asmodeus said as you looked at him for answers.

"And the other one is my past servant" he continued as you furrowed your brows.