CHAPTER 23 - Say the Demon's Name

"What's this...?" You furrowed your brows. You're back here again, to the place where you saw your demon.

"Hello darling~" he greeted as you slightly cringed.

"Why am I here?" You thought to yourself as you shivered. You felt something creeping on your back, it's the demon.

"Oh nothing, nothing. I missed you that's all" he smiled from ear to ear. You tried to swat him away as he acted hurt from your little gesture.

"Cut it— why am I here?" You asked again.

"Ah fine fineee~" he coughed and sat down at his little throne again.

"You see, I wanted to check up on you" he said in full curiosity.

"And that is why exactly?" You inquired.

"It's the first time I see a human with such love. You almost broke the vow, dear~ I'm glad you didn't yet" he said.

"Tell me, demon..." you trailed your words.

"... What will happen if I do manage to break the vow?" You asked him as he pretended to think.

"Hmmm well that's a secret~ a surprise, I suppose~" he said as you sighed. It wasn't a response that you're happy with at all.

"Will it affect Nozel in anyway..?" You asked as he smiled at your little question. He laughed pompously as you watch him die down his laughter.

"Aww, how sweet, you truly are in love with that man. It's strange how you can do better than that but you still chose him" he insulted.

"He's not going to get any better if I'm not with him" you convinced him— but mostly, you tried convincing yourself.

"If so then why does he treat you like his squad members and nothing else? Has he even initiated to kiss you?" He asked as you clenched your fist.

"That's right, it was always you and never him" he said.

"I'm sure he cares for me—"

"—ah yes, care. But does he love you the way you love him?" He cut you off.

"I— I don't... know..." You started doubting the relationship Nozel shares with you.

"Hmm enough about that— I must tell you how to use me" he said as you questioned his word choices.

"Just say my name and I'll be there~" he said as you thought.

"What's your name then?" You asked.

"It's a   S E C R E T ~" he teased.

"Then how do you expect me to call you?" You said in a semi annoyed voice. He neared you and smirked, touching your waist.

"Then how 'bout you call me daddy instead?" He said as you took a step back, away from his grasp.

"You're well aware that I'm—"

"—A virgin?" He teasingly cut you off.

"I wasn't implying to that— I'm inlove with someone" you said in a flustered manner.

"Well, suit yourself. It's not a everyday a demon of lust which is absolutely handsome and terrific asks a human to fulfill their desires" he purred as you rolled your eyes.

"I have enough talk— let me leave this place" you said as he pouted.

"Damn, I thought I could stall you any further" he said in a crying like expression which was obviously an act.

"Anymore time here means you'll die and  become mine~ You're a strange woman. I really like you now, human" he said while he snapped his fingers. You felt your body become light and almost as if you're travelling through dimensions.

•••

You woke up only to see Nozel's distressed eyes. In a flash, he enveloped you in a tight embrace. You slowly embraced him back, confused on what to do.

"I thought I lost you" he said in a relieved tone. You clutched onto Nozel's clothes, feeling the pain instead of all the tingling butterflies.

"Nozel, I'm fine" you managed to say.

"After all this time, I told myself that I can live without you. But after seeing you close to death so many times, I realized how important you are to me" he said in a muffled voice.

"It's true that... You can't realize the worth of a person until they're gone" he said as you let the pain engulf you.

"Nozel, you're tougher than that. One day I might go and leave forever, don't you dare feel worthless" you said as the eldest Silva finally let go of you.

You tumbled slightly and composed yourself. "Nozel... I'm joining the Royal Knights" you said as he tensed up.

"You can't." He immediately disapproved.

"It's my choice, Nozel" you said.

"You're incapable of fighting those terrorist." He gently placed his hands on your shoulders. You topped your hands with his.

"I'm sorry but I'm not saying 'no' for an answer, Captain" you told him with a fixed resolution.

"The test starts tomorrow. You have a mission tomorrow aswell" he looked as you with icy eyes.

"I don't have any missions!" You frustratingly said.

"You do now" he informed you.

"I can't believe you! Even so, I'll join the Royal Knights once I come back from the mission. I swear" you said your last remark and left.

Nozel sighed heavily and sat down on the bed. He brushed his hair backwards in frustration. "Why must you risk your life for something that doesn't concern you"

"Why can't you see that I just wanted to protect you"

"Why is that you're so stubborn even in your last few moments"

"Why did I fell in love with someone so complicated"

"She'll surely pass the test, I'll be joining aswell" he said, wanting to reassure your safety. He hopes for the best that you don't end up hating him.

You suddenly had the urge to go back to the room and apologize to Nozel. You peeked at the door as your head stuck out.

"N-Nozel.." you called out to the man who was surprisingly still there. He looked up to you and anticipated your words.

"I apologize for my behaviour" you bowed as a sign of respect. You hear the clicking of his shoes as he was now standing Infront of you.

"Pardon me" he said as you looked up to him, wanting to know what he was pardoning but the moment you looked up, you felt his lips on yours.

Your eyes widened but it didn't take long before you melt into the kiss. He deepened the kiss by pulling your waist closer to him while you gently snaked your hands around his neck and hair.

He parted from your little moment as you blushed and looked away, ignoring all the pain your feeling. You hated the vow, it prevents you to cherish this moment.

"I wish you goodluck, (Y/n)"