XIV. Her Dark Past

AUTUMN's POV

"Eh teka nga... Since, nag'o'open up na tayo... Matanong ko lang... Anong meron sa inyo ni Renzo?" I sighed! I don't want to answer her question... But...

"Do I have to answer that?" I asked.

"Oo, naman siyempre."

"Okay, here it goes. 2 years ago..."

*flash back*

 "Hey Autumn! Make it fast dude! The show is about to start!" Winter shouted as they rushed inside SM's Cafe... It is where we work by the way... We are performers...

"Yeah! I'll follow!" I said as I look on my cell phone again to see if he messaged me... But to my disappointment, there's no message from him... I was about to enter the restaurant defeated but a hand grab me...

"I'm sorry I'm late..." he said.

"It's okay... You're just in time" I said as I kissed his cheeks... By the way, kung nagtataka kayo, siya lang naman ang kaisa'isang lalaking minahal ko. I've never been attracted towards a man like this before. And, I'm willing to confess my feelings after our performance... It may sound pathetic... But, I don't care...

"Now now... Young lady... Go to the stage and show me your best" he said like he was saying that 'I am better than you'... I raised my right brow, sealing the deal.

"Okay... But, Can we talk later? I have something to tell you" I said... he nodded.

"Yeah me too..."

Badump badump

Geez! Why am I having abnormal heart contractions? Will he tell me he loves me too? Okay Autumn... Enough for your fairy tale imagination... I signed okay as I rushed to the stage... High5 were already setting the stage... I went to my position... By the way, I'm the drummer of the group... Fall is the bass guitar, Summer and Weather are the guitarist and Winter is the vocalist... She is the main vocal of the group... But, we usually change our position if we are in the mood...

Playing our first song....

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls

I am focused with what I'm doing... Giving them the beat that they wanted. Showing them that I'm good at it. I looked at the manager and he signed okay. Wondering why we are working? Hah! We have lame answers. We just want to experience something new. We want to experience how to be an employee, besides, when the right time comes, we will be the boss. So, why not enjoy your freedom while you still got it, right?

I glanced at him and he is staring at me... Geez! Please not now! I can already feel my cheeks burning! I smiled at him to shook away the weird feeling and for cheese sake! He smiled back making me blush more...  Can he be just turn ugly, just for a day?

And I don't want the world to see me

Cause I don't think that they'll understand

And when everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

I looked at Winter as she hit her last note. Everybody cheered and clapped. There are 6 performing groups in this restaurant, while High5 got the most numbers of fan... We only perform here, Saturday... Since we are also studying.

"Hey Autumn... It's your song" Summer said... And that's my cue to exchange position with Winter... She will hold the drums while I'm in the microphone... Go Autumn! You can do it! I looked at him and he signed okay, I smiled back... I looked at High5 and they were like saying 'Good Luck'... hah! Really! Good luck for me!