Day at Pearl (part two)

Enterprise's POV

I was in my hangar just looking at the inventory that I have taken since we left Truk. The battles at sea have cost me nearly a quarter of my fuel and munitions which I'm not sure if the military in this age can resupply an old carrier like me. As I was checking on one of the Hell Cats for proper function I started to hear multiple foot steps coming to the hangar. I then realized that I have put down my walkways to the ship and now tourist will probably come and look around. As the first of the people came through the door I saw that it was a bunch of elderly men who were were wearing hats that tells me that they are veterans of WW2 who were followed by younger looking people possibly their grandkids and their parents who all had their phones out and taking pictures of the wall mural and all of the planes in the hangar. It wasn't long though before one of the veterans looked in my direction and waved everyone to follow him as he came closer to me.

Enterprise: "Well, never expected anyone to come on my ship this quick."

Veteran 1: "Please excuse us madam. It's not always that a bunch of old ships can just come in and just dock like it's an ordinary day."

Enterprise: "Yes, I was made well aware of that when a line of ships were protecting the coast line. Anyway, the name is Enterprise what might yours be sir?"

Evan: "My name is Evan Harrison. Seamen second class during the Pacific war onboard a destroyer . These gentlemen are also sailors in the Pacific war who did their fighting on battleships and carriers and of course the young buck are our children and grandchildren who always come here to honor the fallen whose lives were taken by cold hands."

Enterprise: I see. It's a real honor that you take some time off to give a few hours to pay respects.

little girl: "Um excuse me Miss Enterprise?"

Enterprise: "Just Enterprise will do fine young one. Who are you to be now?"

Lily: Um, my name is Lily and I am five, Can I have a picture with you on one of those planes please?"

Enterprise: "Oh my, such a well mannered girl. Of course you can but I don't think that a picture here is not going to be colorful. I have a better idea."

To no-ones knowledge they were standing on the middle elevator that brought the planes up to the flight deck. With a quick snap of her fingers the elevator started to rise up with every one on it as well as the Hell Cat which surprised them all from the sudden lift. As soon as the elevator has reached the flight deck I started to push the the fighter the launch position on the runway as its wings started to unfold while the spectators looked around in awe to see the conning tower and the number of guns stationed all around the carrier. Before anyone could say a word I quickly picked up Lily and then set her down in the cockpit with me on the side so that her parents can get a good picture of the two of us.

Enterprise: "Well did you get some good photos for the post card?"

Lily's mother: "Yes we got some great shots of the two of you.I thank you for letting our daughter do this. She want's to become a pilot on a carrier you know."

Enterprise: "Oh, it's no problem miss. It's a pleasure to have visitors any time we get docked in different ports around the world. As for you Lily I look forward to see you grow up and become the best pilot the Air Force has to offer."

Lily: "Actually, I was thinking about becoming a pilot for the Navy because of you Enterprise. I want to be a symbol that can shine and guide others for a better future."

Enterprise: "Wow, that has got to be the most wonderful thing I have ever heard in my life, and it's coming from a small girl with a big dream. Here's some advice for you sweetie. Have as much quality time with your family, work hard in school and try out new thing for your goal in life."