Honor

Arizona (Azur lane) POV

Currently right now is mid-day December 6, 2020. The day before the day when Japan had attacked Pearl Harbor. The day when America had awoken and laid siege to their adversaries of the Imperial Japanese people. It was unexpected and uncalled for a nation to attack a neutral nation that didn't want to be apart of another war. It was only when me, my sisters in arms, and my brothers in arms shed our blood here in Pearl Harbor with me and my brothers taking the most casualties. Just remembering the screams that my men gave out are still in my head.

A lot has happened during the past two months while being here on this other earth. For the boring news, all that's happened was the constant attacks from the Abyssal and increasing tourism attention since we arrived. The non-boring news is that our fleet has been redeveloped to accommodate for the ceremony taking place tomorrow. Along with the big four who had come to further discuss how many of us can come through the portal while also having a fair amount on our side to protect from any threats. The ships that departed to go back to Azur Lane base was Iron blood vessels besides Z-23, along with the six Pearls with Atago and Takeo leaving. The ships replacing them are all from Eagle Union and are battleships. There were battleships Texas, the Colorado sisters, California sisters, and the Nevada sisters. Along with me and my sister as well as the North Carolina sisters and South Dakota sisters, we all made up America's powerful warships in one harbor. We all were anchored close to the Arizona Memorial where close by onboard the museum ship Missouri the ceremony will take place to remember the men who have died on that faithful day.

I was with my sister sitting on my first turret facing my memorial site while eating some sandwiches, a couple of elderly men have stepped on my deck and walked towards where my bow was. We noticed that they were wearing WW2 veteran outfits as they approached us. They started to look around the deck, particularly the spot where I have taken the fatal hit where the bomb exploded. The two of us finished our sandwiches and walked over to the men who looked at us coming.

Arizona: "Hello gentlemen, is there anything you need?"

Veteran 1: "Well, not really. Me and my brothers here are just looking around this ship. It's been a very long time since we saw Arizona as a ship again."

Pennsylvania: "I can tell. You all look a bit older the last time we have seen men from your generation."

Veteran 2: *laughs* "Very funny. So tell me, what's the other side of that so-called portal like? We all heard from the news that it's where you came from right?"

Arizona: "Yes, it is where we come from. As for what it looks like? Well, let's just say that some cities are still being rebuilt."

Veteran 1: "What do you mean still being rebuilt?"

Pennsylvania: "You see, on our side, we have just ended a war brought on from an outsider of our earth. Thanks to them they have split our forces and made us go at each other."

Veteran 2: "Oh my, I'm so sorry for that to happen to you again."

Pennsylvania: "It's okay, no ship was sunk during it. Few human casualties were reported."

Veteran 2: "I see. So, will you two be here tomorrow at the ceremony?"

Arizona: "Yes, we will be here for the ceremony to remember those who have lost their lives on that faithful day."

Pennsylvania: "I'm surprised that you are lasting this long so far. You usually cry before the day of the Ceremony."

Arizona: "True, but this time is different. I want to show that I can bring a smile so that they can see that I'm still living a happy life even after the tragedy I had to endure."