𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥 : 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢

"Some people are such treasures that you just wanna bury them."

"What?" Zenith coughed out loud uncomfortably after being found all bewildered from my sudden words.

"M-My parents worked for I-Illusion." I stuttered stupidly on his lap after fiddling with my fingers in front of me after he stared at me with a lost expression for way too many silent seconds that was fucking torture to me.

"Ahem, what again?" He questioned a repeated sentence.

"My parents...were a part of Illusion Zenny." I stated firmly with a crack escaping my tone right on the spot because of how stupid I was sounding a second ago, realising that the truth was finally known to the walls around me that was way too awaited in both of our lives, and I saw his confused and lost expression transform itself into an even more...confused and lost expression than I've ever seen on him.

"Am I...hearing you correctly?" Zenith huffed out a breathless exhale after widening his eyes at the piece of information I had offered, spoiling me to the brim because he literally froze on the spot while I was sitting on him, suddenly tensing up his jaw and even his fists right beside me, and it made me gulp.

"Answer me. You're meaning to tell me that you are Illusion's blood?" He softly whispered way too quietly that almost was inaudible to my ears to the brim, indirectly making my heartbeat reach my ears instead due to the speeding rate it was beating at due to not knowing how he was going to react, even feeling like words were not forming in my mouth anymore, so I just anxiously nodded my head regretfully to his question instead.

At a moment like this, I literally wanted someone to kill me to be honest. I would wish for being locked away from the world and even crawl into my own dug grave to cower away from my fears. The inimitable formation of hate was prickling my soul because of how much I regretted to even be alive thanks to my identity, and the worst of all was that my truth was naked to the only person I could possibly trust completely in every sphere of my life.

My greatest fear was not even Illusion anymore, not was it death.

My biggest fear was Zenith hating me.

And the last thing I need is for someone to despise me, especially if it's the same man to whom I would surrender to completely, and am married with.

By the look of disbelief in his ridiculously perplexed face was not at all comforting to my anxiety blowing up in my veins, almost like an actual bomb ready to fuse into an explosion. The way his tense jaw was clenched in a split second, along with his eyes hardening until it was loosing its soft chestnut colour, and was instead forming into a pit of hell, was yet again not comforting as a good reaction.

His one last look of conflict towards me in the end after his flaming power had gathered around his pupil, holding mixed feelings in the gates to his own soul was not at all welcoming, nor was his newly formulating facading guard around his feelings and emotions even a bit friendly to my nervous silver eyes, which were on the verge of pooling small tears with my fingers not even daring to hold him like I was before, and suddenly there was this unfamiliar tension between both of us.

This very same uncomfortable tension between both of us was making the impact of our heavenly mate bond drift away from my system, almost as if a part of me was going away in the abyss of absolute death, creating a painful distance by just one look towards his livid expression that I knew he was desperately trying to control right now in front of me, and him looking away from me with his mouth completely ajar had resulted with my blood running cold.