𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒 : 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑡ℎ

"I'm sorry I roasted you, I was trying to flirt—"

This chapter contains gruesome occurrences related to assault and abuse

Viewer discretion is advised.

Read everything carefully.

"It's just been four hours LoLo, you're doing just fine." I chanted to myself profusely after endlessly fidgeting with the blanket and poking at my fingers due to the overgrown anxiety with every passing second, almost literally going insane because of the boredom surrounding me and no one to talk to, but also because I didn't feel good, something inside me didn't settle right.

"Oh look! Staring at the closet for umpteenth time, so lovely and fascinating! This is my favourite activity to pass time! A phone? Never needed that!" I sarcastically exclaimed while clutching his blanket to myself in hopes of getting some sense of comfort, as he actually came in two times after our breathtakingly yet shockingly promising moment to feed me every two hours or so, keeping a straight routine to come in to keep my belly fed properly, before leaving without any words spoken, and honestly just a hug.

It just freaking struck me on how he actually proved me wrong and didn't act like other people as soon as I mentioned that I could be his mortal enemy, he didn't even hesitate on touching me when he found me in a different location in Canada which was different from where I was when I was a stripper. Keeping in mind about his anger issues, and even his hatred towards Illusion, he still didn't...hurt me. I guess this was not what I was used to, he didn't bash me, nor did he technically even imprison me.

That itself was so weird to handle and process in my mind, and it made me squirm because I was expecting to be humbled about the fact that I don't deserve him, nor do I even deserve to be alive, but no, I wasn't humbled at all. I was...I don't know, comforted about it? He made me feel like I had some meaning to myself instead of belittling me even more like everyone else did, and just ignited a sense of security around me again, and I knew for real, what I logically need to do.

I was too afraid to talk about my past, about whatever happened and what it had done to me. But he deserved to know every single detail about it, and I myself don't want to hide anything from him ever again. The sudden change in his personality made him more lethal and livid towards other people, but in the mean time, his mean facade was completely gone when it came to me, and I finally saw his soft side in full colours.

If I can conclude anything from what happened till now, I'd say that I didn't expect for him to understand me.

And the only way he could understand me, is by placing himself in my shoes.