20.

"y/n i have a question to ask" "sure, what is it?" "have you had feelings for anyone else here?" Cedric asks nervously. you just smile, "no, who did you have in mind?" "well... Harry, Ron, Malfoy" "oh god, you don't think that low of me do you? i've only been here a month. Ron is my bestfriend and Harry feels so much like a relative to me"

"and malfoy...?" he asks without making eye contact. you watch him fidget with his fingers and take a deep breath. "malfoy used to bully me, and my friends. so no, i don't and have never had feelings for him" "yet you're friends with him?" "well second chances right?" "yeah... second chances" he says softly.

"you have no reason to worry Cedric, i'm all yours" you laugh, he smiles at that.

"thank you" "oh well that's okay, but let's not talk about sad things. what do you wanna do?" "well, i have plans to study later with a classmate but for now we can go watch quidditch practice?" "huh... that seems fun. who are you studying with?" "oh just a girl from class, she is my potions partner" "oh... cool" you whisper.

"well, let's get there before it starts" he says as he jumps up from the ledge, you get up and take his hand, following him to the quidditch practice. slytherin and gryffindor teams are both there at the moment and they seem unhappy with each other.

"look, snape gave us permission to practice here so go find somewhere else gryffindorks" Draco says, his team laughing. Harry looks frustrated, as does Oliver and the rest of the team. "why don't we both practice here then?" Harry suggests, the opposite team laughs again. "that defeats the purpose you idiot, you'll know our weaknesses and strengths"

"so you admit you have weaknesses malfoy?" "well not me personally but the team" his team give him confused and offended looks for a moment before ignoring it. you and Cedric laugh at all of them arguing "god they look stupid, there's so many places the other team could practice... they're just petty" "yeah" you laugh, agreeing.

"y/n!" harry shouts when he notices you, smiling. malfoy and his team turns around to see you also, "ah yes, y/n! settle this for us" you look from Draco to Cedric, bringing him over to the teams. "you want me to settle your feud?" "yeah, you're smart" you smile at that, which causes Cedric some discomfort.

"um, why don't you both just practice here? you remember you're wizards, isn't there a spell to put up a barrier or something so you can't see eachother?" they all look confused, until Oliver nods. "there's something like that actually... i think i can do it" "good, see? settled. slytherin gets this half, gryffindor gets the other"

"great thinking y/n!" Harry shouts. you laugh and move closer to Cedric, he wraps his arm around you. "well now we can't watch them practice" you look up at him and smile. "we can watch one team and then the other" "which one first?" "Gryffindor obviously, gotta watch out for my team"

"alright then". you both watch the gryffindor team practice, seeing harry manage to somehow after years of practice, fall off his broom and mess up a bunch of times. you wonder what's going on in his mind since he's supposed to be the best seeker they've seen in a long time.

more and more students come to watch the practices, at first it was just you and cedric but now loads of students from every house is watching a team. everyone gasps every time harry messes up, but the students watching slytherin seem to be incredibly happy. "let's go see the other team" "alright" Cedric follows you as you pull him by his hand to the other side of the barrier.

you both stand up front of the crowd and watch the slytherin team, they're doing really well in their practice. your eye is set on draco though,  he plays well. although it's just practice, he's doing a really good job as seeker. you watch him and cheer with everyone else as he does what he's doing.

he notices you cheering for him when he stops riding mid air, he also sees the annoyed look on Cedrics face which makes him incredibly happy. he smiles at both of you to annoy Cedric more, riding off and continuing with practice. you look at Cedric and can tell he wants to leave. "let's go get something to eat before you have to study"

"oh alright, you sure?" "yeah, come on" "okay"

———————————-

aa. i'm watching the chamber of secrets so i had to add the quidditch parts. i don't remember them ever playing quidditch after this movie but my memory is very bad. we are just pretending they still play in this book!