35

There's a knock at your door, you're the only one in the room tonight. Luna is off somewhere and Hermione is with Ron. you open the door and your eyes widen slightly at the sight of Malfoy. "can i talk to you?" he asks politely. "sure, you want to come in?"

he hesitantly nods, before you open the door wider for him to enter. "is anyone else here?" he asks as he walks through the door, seeing 3 beds. "no, Hermione and Luna are elsewhere... what's up?" "i need to talk to you about what you told me last night" "are you having second thoughts?"

"not at all, i just... i don't think it's fair on you that i would have to hide you" "hide me from what?" "my complicated family, my judgemental friends" "why do you listen to them?" "they're all i've got, besides you" "i can deal with a secret" "you can?" he asks with genuine surprise. "sure... it wouldn't be a secret forever right?" "um... n-no?"

"was that a question or an answer?" you ask confused. "it wouldn't be a secret forever..." he reassures. "okay, do you want to tell me why those specific people can't know?" "oh, i don't know..." "i won't judge. this will be a way for us to get to know each other more". he sighs, "alright" "awesome, let's go somewhere else though incase one of the girls come back mid conversation"

you and Draco sit together in a quiet place, talking everything through. "my father thinks relationships are pointless at my age, that i need to focus on schooling" "you can focus on school and do relationships" "he doesn't believe so. he believes i will be perceived and seen as weak"

"oh... you're not weak for feeling Draco" "it feels that way sometimes, especially when i find myself actually... and it disgusts me to say but upset, about things" "upset about what?" "i don't know, not having you" he whispers, making you smile. "i don't think you're weak, i think this shows you're not a heartless twat" you joke, making him laugh with a surprised expression.

"wow what possessed you?" "i'm not sure honestly, but you're not weak" "that's nice of you to say but it won't change anything" "well..." you put your hand on his, "i don't mind being a secret for a while"

"you're serious?" "mhm... if you still want that" "of course i do, i just didn't think you would" "well you said it wouldn't last forever so... i'm believing you" "i have one question" "mhm?" "how did you fall for me? i treated you badly since you got here" "i ask myself that everyday" you say with a smile.

he moves closer ever so slightly, "well i'm glad you did" "me too, just don't make me regret it" you whisper. "i will make you believe it's the best decision of your life" he whispers back. you can't help but smile, receiving the same from him. it becomes silent, and you feel like there's possibly a chance he was leaning in before you're both interrupted by Ron running in the room.

you both move away from each other fast, before you realise it's Ron who entered. "Ron?" "oh... i was looking for Harry" "he's not here" "i can see that... did i ruin anything?" he whispers, Draco being confused, but you smiling. "no, i think Harry went that way Ron" you point, giving him the hint to leave.

"right... yes, okay. have fun" he smiles, leaving the room in a hurry. "what was that about?" Draco asks, "he knows, but he's the only person and he wouldn't tell anyone" "oh... and he's supportive?" "mhm, he said it doesn't matter what you've done to him, as long as i'm happy" "oh, he seems like a good friend" "he is"

you keep wondering if you two almost had a moment before Ron ran in, it felt like you both moved closer, but maybe it was in your head.

"i should probably head back to my room" he says as he gets up, you getting up too. "oh okay... wait so... what are we?" "what would you like to be?" he asks, moving closer. "um... m-more" you stutter, laughing nervously. "are you nervous?" "pfft, no" you laugh, again, clearing your throat right after.

"that's kinda cute" he whispers, making your cheeks go hot. you look up at him, your heavy breath being all that can be heard in the moment of silence. he looks around, like he's looking for someone, then turns back to you. "i'll see you in the morning y/l/n" "yeah... i'll see you then"

he looks once more time, which confuses you. but before you can ask, he's leaning in to kiss you. you quickly catch on and happily contribute. you can feel the amount of butterflies rummaging through your stomach in this moment, and the smile forming on both of your faces as you continue the kiss longer.

you both pull away at the same time, the smile on your face being uncontrollable. as hard as you try to get rid of it, you fail. "you look incredibly happy" "i am" you laugh. "goodnight y/n" "goodnight Draco" you watch him leave the room, covering your face with your hands and smiling underneath it when he's out of sight.

————————————

aa. only took 35 chapters for you to kiss him, damn girl!

no but fr, good job