58

you jump at the feeling of multiple hands on your shoulders, looking to your left to see Fred and your right to see George. "hi..." you smile, the twins sitting beside you. "we heard what happened" George says, "are you alright?" Fred adds. "yeah... no... i don't know, it only just happened, i haven't really had time to think about it"

"well you know we are here to cheer you up as always miss y/l/n!" "we will make you forget it even happened" "i appreciate it boys but i'm not really in the mood, and i'm scared of hurting you" "you could never hurt us" "not even with a dark wizard controlling your mind" "really, why's that?"

"we are just too amazing" "and your favourite people" you laugh, "is that so?" "yep!" "absolutely" "alright, well what did you wanna do?" "we had an idea, so there's this professor and she's terrible" "we were thinking of setting off some fireworks, you in?"
"i wouldn't know how" "no need to do, just don't snitch on us to Dumbledore"

"i won't... when is his occurring?" "well we share a class with your year this afternoon, it's fifth, sixth and seventh years all in the same class. we will start then" "okay..." "we will cheer you up miss y/n!" "we will see that beautiful smile again!" they both laugh, getting up from their seat and leaving the room.

You watch them with a smile, not knowing what to expect. You haven't met this professor yet, only when she was introduced in the great hall. She seems like quite a handful, and she wears so much pink.

The last lesson of the day is the lesson you share with the other years. you're all sat in a much larger room, almost as large as the great hall. There are four rows of seats all in single file, but they're not sorted by house because it would be uneven.

you're sitting behind Ron, trying to focus on your work but your eyes wander around the room. your eyes land on a certain blonde boy you didn't expect to see in a class with everything that's going on.

His eyes land on you at the same time, causing you to look away almost immediately. He's incredibly upset about the break up, and he's willing to actually show it. He's very mopey, he's barely said anything to anyone since you broke up with him.

you try to focus on the work in front of you, when there's a faint noise from outside. you and a few others turn around to look at the door, an expression of concern and confusion on Professor Umbridge's face.

She fakes a smile, walking over to the door and opening them, leaving the room slightly. you sit your chin on your arms which are leaning on the back of your chair, your body facing the doors.

you remember what Fred and George said earlier, realising this may be what it is. you watch the Professor look around for a while, and when she decides she's going to come back into the classroom, she walks back out.

The room is silent until a sudden loud swooshing sound occurs when the twins fly in the room on their broom. Everyone jumps up, confused as to what's happening but most excited. They start setting off multi coloured fireworks, the class cheering and clapping.

A large smile forms on your face while Ron stands beside you, watching the fireworks with you. "they did this for you huh?" Ron asks, you look at him with a smile on your face. "they wanted to cheer me up" "did it work?" "yeah..." you laugh lightly, watching the boys fly out of the room but still setting off fireworks.

Students start running out of the class to follow the twins, and Ron grabs your hand to pull you with him. You both run and follow the twins, everyone landing outside in a large crowd. The boys set off much larger fireworks now that they're outside.

you and Ron let go at the same time to clap and cheer, everyone else doing the same. The boys set off their last set of fireworks that are actually words. "Cheer up y/n!" written in the sky, a big W underneath it for Weasley. you smile the biggest smile you've had in a while, feeling a rush of happy emotions.

your eyes wander again while you clap and notice Draco watching the words written, then looking over at you. You watch him for a moment, both of you maintaining eye contact with eachother, before he walks away. you decide to stay focussed on the happy thoughts, staring up at the sky and clapping with everyone else.