42

it's the morning after your fight with Hermione, if you could even call it that. you went straight to bed after talking with her, you didn't want to deal with the questions.

she left earlier then usual this morning, leaving you and Luna to get ready alone. "y/n? could i ask you something?" "sure Luna, i'm running a little late though" "that's alright, i can talk to you about it later" "are you sure? i don't mean to be rude i just don't want to be late again"

"it's fine, i'll talk to you about it later today if that's okay with you" "of course... i'll see you later Luna" you put your hand on her shoulder before walking out of the room, fixing your tie under your sweater and robe. you make your way to class but you're stopped by someone pulling you by your hand.

you get pulled around the corner and turn to see Draco, looking joyful. "good morning to you too Draco, i didn't know we didn't use words anymore" you joke. "very funny, i just wanted to see you alone" "we're gonna be late" "it'll be fine, you're such a goodie two shoes"

"wow i never thought i'd hear you say goodie two shoes" you laugh as he pulls you closer by his hands on your waist. "who cares if we're a minute late if it means we actually get to see eachother like this?" "true" you smile up at him, kissing him quickly before hearing footsteps. "but for real, let's get to class"

"alright fine". you both walk in the class by each others side, whispering about something inaudible to everyone else. Hermione is watching you both walk through, feeling a wave of confusion hit her suddenly. "why is she coming to class with him?" she asks Ron, Ron starts to feel concerned.

"uh- well- Hermione you know they're friends" "yeah but they didn't really do this before..." "you're overthinking it 'mione" "you're not lying to me are you?" she asks, turning to Ron to watch his expression. Ron inhales deeply, looking at you and Malfoy going seperate ways then back at Hermione. "no... i'm not lying. Hey y/n!"

"hi Ron" you smile at him and ignore Hermione, sitting next to Harry. "hey Harry... what's wrong?", Harry has been looking like a mess lately, but he isn't telling anyone why. "i actually need to talk to you" "just me?" you whisper, watching him nod in response. "okay, when?"

"after class, just... wait til everyone leaves the room and we will go talk" "okay..." you're curious and also concerned, he sounds worried.

you don't bother worrying about it until after class, looking over and seeing Draco watching you. "focus" you mouth to him with a smile, but he just shakes his head. "i'd rather focus on you" he mouths back. you accidentally let out a quiet laugh, gaining Ron, Harry and Hermione's attention.

"and what are you laughing at?" Hermione asks, completely ruining your mood. "a funny thought, is that a problem or do you think i'm hiding something?" "okay kittens no cat fight" Ron says seriously, but it just makes you want to laugh. "kittens?" you laugh, Hermione still serious as ever.

"yeah..." Ron laughs with you, "10 points from Gryffindor" Snape says sternly, causing you to scoff. "sir what for?" "20 points" "professor-" "30 points" you open your mouth to say something but just immediately close it. "alright... i'm glad that's over" "mhm" you nod.

after class, you do as Harry said. you wait for everyone to leave, packing up your things very slowly alongside him. when most students leave, he grabs your hand quickly and leads you out of the room, he drags you through the hall into an empty room, closing the door behind you.

Draco watches this and feels confused, but also jealous. He shakes off the thought, hoping it's strictly platonic... because you being led into an empty room with Harry looks totally platonic... yeah no, he's still worrying.

"Harry, what is it?" "look, i've been having these dreams. people dying, people getting hurt... all by voldemort" "what? why didn't you tell us this?" "i thought it was nothing at first but... i think they might be real" "why do you think that?" "i had a dream last night, of sirius being tortured..."

"oh your um..." "godfather... he's the only family i have and i need to see if this dream is real" "okay harry calm down a for a moment-" "i can't calm down y/n!" he shouts, making you flinch a little. he sighs loudly, "i'm sorry... look i need you" "Harry i'll be here, what do you need me to do?" "don't tell the others yet, i need to figure out where i saw him"

"okay, just keep me updated alright?" "yeah..." you begin walking towards the door, before you hear harry call your name. "y/n?" "yeah Harry?" you turn around, seeing him nod. "thank you" "of course... you're like my family" you give him a smile before walking out of the room, adjusting your robe better while walking away.

"what was that?" Draco asks suddenly, appearing in front of you. you look up at him with a confused expression, looking back at Harry coming out of the room. "oh that? we were just talking" "talking? why did you need the door locked in an empty room to talk? and why were you fixing your uniform on the way out?"

"oh Draco gross.... Harry is my friend that's all. i promise you, trust me okay?" you watch him swallow hard, sighing in relief. "i'm sorry, i'm new to this" "it's okay, don't worry about it" you look behind Draco and see Hermione watching. She looks away fast when she notices you recognise her.

"hey y/n?" "yeah?" "i think i'm going to do something tonight that I've been scared of for a while..." "really? what is it?" "i can't tell you yet" "oh... well i'm proud of you either way"

you see his expression drop, him fidgeting with his hands.

"sorry... what did you say?" he asks quietly. "i said... i said i'm proud of you Draco" you repeat confused, until you realise... he's never heard that before. "of course i'm proud" you whisper, getting a soft smile from him. "i have something i have to do today, but i'll see you tonight okay?" "alright..."

you smile at him before walking past him, brushing his arm with yours softly as you walk past.

—————————————

aa. I've seen a lot of comments on the first chapter saying things like "as a slytherin this hurt" or just seeming like i said something bad about Slytherin's.

i'm a slytherin! what i write isn't what i think, it's what your character thinks from what she's heard. Jk Rowling made slytherin seem evil, and a lot of people believed they were. so i used that in the first chapter.

i have nothing against my own house.