37

you're waiting in that exact spot Draco told you to go, he should be here any second. you're in your uniform just minus the robe, with your hair down which isn't usual for you.

"y/n!" he calls out from a few feet away, you look over and smile at the boy walking toward you. "you look amazing like that" he whispers, knowing there are a few people around. "thank you" you whisper back, your cheeks rosy.

"i've got them to meet me somewhere else so you didn't have to show up alone"

you're surprised by this statement and act, he's told you how inexperienced he is yet he just thought of a sweet thing like that? "that's sweet of you" "well i didn't want you to be embarrassed or anything, my friends are idiots" "well thank you" he nods and begins walking, you walking beside him.

you don't walk far, meeting in an empty area in the halls no one goes to. when you both arrive, Pansy and Blaise sitting beside each other flirting, and Crabbe and Goyle are arguing about something. "just ignore anything rude they could say" he whispers to you before walking any further.

"hey malfoy!" pansy smiles as the two of you walk in, sitting down next to each other opposite everyone else. he ignores her, which you find funny but you wonder why he does that so often. "y/n is going to be hanging with us today" "why?" Pansy asks kind of rudely.

he once again ignores her, looking at Blaise. "have you met her properly?" "kind of, i sent her a valentine's card" "wait you did?" Malfoy asks confused and annoyed. "oh yeah i remember that..." you smile. "why'd you do that?" Draco asks, trying not to seem obvious that he's bothered.

"well she's cute" he shrugs, making Pansy hit his arm roughly.

"thank you-" you say softly, noticing Draco is bothered. "- i didn't respond because i had a letter from someone else that was very special, and i like them a lot". you look over at Draco who is trying not to smile, then look at Pansy who looks like she has something to say.

"is it that weasley kid?" she asks. "no, he has a girlfriend" "what does that matter?" you're confused by that question, she doesn't seem like the person you'd ever get along with.

"so why'd you bring her here, are you two friends?" Pansy asks Draco. "yeah, she's cool"

the group asks you questions about gryffindor and you learn about slytherin. they seem interested in getting to know you as a person too, and you realise not all slytherins are bullies like they've been portrayed as. Pansy is still quite rude, she didn't care about anything you had to say... she often rolled her eyes when you spoke.

Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle on the other hand shared a lot of interest.

Draco seemed happy to talk about you with them. when you both left the area so you can head back to your room, he was smiling. "why so happy?" "i think they like you, that's a good sign" "i don't know about Pansy" "who cares about her? the boys like you" "true... so we're a step closer?"

"yes, but we got a few more steps" "and what are they?" "i'm not gonna tell you, it won't be long though" "you sure?" you stop walking, and he stops in front of you, grabbing both of your hands. "yes, i promise" you smile before having a strange realisation. you let go of his hands, knowing that people are coming through the hall.

"Draco what changed? before i found out that letter was you, you were... rude. it's like me finding out changed your whole personality" "it did, because i'm comfortable. i'm not hiding anymore" "hiding what?" "my feelings, is that bad?" "no, not at all. i really like this new you, i was just confused"

"oh, well i'm glad you like it. you're the only one who sees it" "we should change that" "no way, i like you y/n but no" "alright fine" "hey Malfoy! y/l/n" you hear a deep voice from behind say. you both sigh when you instantly recognise the voice, both turning around to see Cedric.

"what is it Diggory?" Draco asks, not sounding impressed at all. "i was just wondering if you two have gotten together yet" "why would we ever be together?". hearing Draco ask that hit hard. An instant, empty pit filling your stomach. "well you tell me, you did spend our entire relationship flirting"

"Cedric i never did that, you on the other hand..." "how's the wrist?" he asks, sounding proud. "it's fine, you know you're not very kind for a hufflepuff" "you thinking every hufflepuff is nice is very stereotypical. common mistake in wizards who lived in the muggle world too long" "is there something you needed?" Draco interrupts, giving Cedric an expression of annoyance.

"no, i have better things to do then be here" "then leave" he replies sternly. Cedric looks at the both of you a few times before scoffing loudly, "you're perfect for each other... really". he walks away with a smile on his face, you on the other hand are still quite upset about what Draco said.

"are you alright?" he asks, gaining your attention. "yeah..." "you know what i said was just so he doesn't know right?" "mhm... um i have to go" "oh yeah i'll walk you-" "it's okay, i can walk myself. thank you for letting me get to know your friends" "y/n-" "bye Draco" you walk away as fast as you can without making it look obvious.

you leave him standing there feeling confused, wondering why you reacted that way. he thinks about it for the rest of the night.