32

you enter Draco's room after him. He signals for you to take a seat on the bed while he goes through his drawers. you sit on the bed and look around, waiting for him. he grabs a big, thick, black book out and sits beside you. "i draw random things so... don't judge" "i wouldn't judge you"

you see him smile at that while looking at his book, he opens up the pages and looks for a particular one. "here we go" he sits the book on your lap, "you can go through it".

you look down at the page and see an incredibly realistic drawing of Ron and Hermione. it's crazy how well he captures the moment, you can definitely tell it's them. "this is amazing" you whisper as you turn the page, seeing a drawing of Neville on the left and a drawing of Crabbe and Goyle on the right.

"these are so realistic. it looks like you just printed a photograph" "really?" "yeah, they're incredible" you turn the page again and see some random drawings of objects. potions, trees. "i really have misjudged you" you close the book gently and look at him, seeing him stare. "not really, i'm still that terrible bully i just have some things on the side"

"well what i do know is that you are extremely talented Draco... these are amazing" "thank you" he whispers. "you alright?" "mhm... are you?" "yeah" you sit the book beside you on the bed, turning toward him. he's looking down at his feet on the ground. your feet don't touch the ground just yet, you're a tad too short.

"what's up?" "nothing... it's just, the potion... Amortentia" "what about it?" "well... you were the only scent. nothing else, just you" "wait... you don't have like anything else in the world you like?" "i guess not... what was yours?" "um..." you're not sure if you're ready to tell him about how you feel. you feel like it could be a really bad idea at the moment.

"uh, i have reasons for these so don't judge... snow and flowers" "two very pretty things" "you called something pretty?" you ask in genuine surprise, making him laugh a little. "what are the stories?" "when i lived in the muggle world, it snowed whenever something good happened to me" "really?" "yeah... and i kinda grew up in a flower shop" "oh... that's cool. nothing else?"

"uh... no..." "oh..." it becomes silent for a moment, it's not the time to tell him what else you smelt in the potion. "oh, how is your wrist by the way?" "its better, only sore when i put pressure on it" "i still wish to kill Diggory for that" "no killing" you laugh. "well i should go Draco, but thank you for showing me your talent"

"oh, sure" "i'll see you later today" "okay, thank you for the compliments..." "of course, i'm still hanging that drawing up" you give him a soft smile that he returns. "see you later Malfoy" "later y/l/n". you open the door but make sure no one is around, then leave and close it behind you.

you pull out the drawing from your pocket and look at it while walking. it makes you feel that much better about Malfoy, changing your perspective on him so much. you wish others could see what you could but then it wouldn't be so meaningful to you. you know that you need to find Ron and talk about it, you can't tell anyone else at the moment.

when you find Ron in the great hall, you ask to speak with him alone. he follows you out and walks with you. "my Amortentia... it smelt like Draco" "are you serious? you must like him a lot bloody hell" "look i don't know what to do. i don't know if i should tell him or if i should keep it to myself" "what do you want out of all of this?"

"i don't know... Ron help me!" "well i know Malfoy different to you. to me he's a bully  and believes he's better then everyone else. but to you he's kind and he likes you. so what do you want out of this? do you want something with him or do you want to forget about him?"

you stay completely silent, thinking about what he said. "i don't want to forget him..." "i think you need to tell him then, and figure out what it means for the both of you" "you support me on this?" "of course i do love, i'm not like the others. they have bigger reasons to hate him then i do but i understand he makes you happy so that's all that matters to me"

you give him a huge hug, and he wraps his arms around you tightly.

"thank you Ron, i'm gonna sleep on it" "okay" he whispers. you pull away from him and hold his face in your hands. "you're amazing Ron Weasley" "oh why thank you" you laugh and kiss his forehead, before walking off.