63

you're supposed to be meeting Harry outside of Dumbledore's office, him and Dumbledore left the castle to do something together today. He hasn't showed up yet, you wonder what is taking them so long, maybe something went wrong...

you wait for another 45 minutes or so, before you decide to go looking around the castle for them. It's clear they weren't showing up in that office, so maybe they went somewhere else. you look everywhere you could possibly find them, before getting to the bottom of the astronomy tower stairs. before going up, you see Harry under them.

"Harry?" you whisper, before he quickly shushes you, signalling for you to walk over to him. you stand beside him, your brows furrowed in confusion. "what's going on?" you whisper, being as quiet as you can. Before Harry can answer, you hear Dumbledore's voice from above you.

"good evening Draco" his voice speaks calmly, slow footsteps being heard from above you. your heart races at the sound of Draco's name, you wonder what in the world he could be doing there. "what brings you here, on this fine spring evening?" "who else is here? i heard you talking" says Draco in distress.

his voice sounds shaky, scared, it worries you. you look up at the cracks between the floorboards, seeing his wand pointed straight out toward where Dumbledore's voice is coming from.

"i often talk aloud to myself, i find it extraordinarily useful... have you been whispering to yourself Draco?" a moment of silence resides, when the footsteps stop. "Draco... you are no assassin" "how do you know what i am? i've done things that would shock you!" he says in a loud breath.

"what, like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she would bare a cursed necklace to me? forgive me draco, i can not help thinking these actions are so weak that your heart can't have really been in them" your hand covers your mouth shakily, when you realise what could be happening right now...

you had no idea he cursed a student, how did you not know? this right here, what's happening right now... is the bad thing he was talking about.

"he trusts me! i was chosen!" you look through the spaces in the floorboards above you to see him lift his sleeve, holding his arm out in front of him. Harry's breath gets a little heavier when he realises what Draco means, and you worry about the silence.

"i shall make it easier for you" "experilliarmus!" Draco shouts, waving his wand toward Dumbledore, his wand dropping onto the floor loudly. Harry raises his wand towards the cracks of the floorboards, wanting to prepare for any harm Draco may do.

"very good..." Dumbledore whispers softly, before the sound of a door opening disrupts everyone's thoughts. "you're not alone... there are others... how?" Draco's breath shudders, "the vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement, i've been mending it"

"let me guess, it has a sister, a twin" "in borgin and burkes... they form a passage" "genius, Draco... years ago i knew a boy that made all the wrong choices... please let me help you" "i don't want your help! don't you understand? i have to do this... i have to kill you, or he's going to kill me..."

you hear draco cry while he says those words, and it brings tears to your eyes. you sniffle and look at Harry, who just looks worried. you hear footsteps run up the stairs, before they stop instantly. "well... look what we have here" you hear a familiar voice say, it's Bellatrix, you recognise her evil voice anywhere.

"well done Draco..." she whispers, loud enough for everyone to hear. "good evening bellatrix... i think introductions are in order don't you think?" Dumbledore asks, still as calm as ever. "i'd love to Albus... but I'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule... do it!" she shouts in a soft voice, almost like a loud whisper.

"he doesn't have the stomach... just like his father" says a male voice.

you and Harry both turn around to see Snape standing behind you, holding his wand pointed and his finger over his mouth as to indicate you need to stay quiet. "go on Draco, Now!" Bellatrix shouts, dragging her last word on.

you both watch as Snape walks up the stairs, looking through the cracks of the floorboards to hear him say "no", watching Draco step away. you sigh in relief, glad that Draco may not have to do what he said he has to anymore. Dumbledore looks down through the cracks at the both of you for a split second, before looking back up.

"Severus..." a loud silence creeps into the room, all you can hear is the sound of heavy breaths escaping everyone's mouths, including your own. you see the look on Harry's face, how terribly worried he looks.

"please..." Dumbledore asks calmly, sending chills up your spine. a split second of silence occurs before you can hear the words "Avada Kedavra!" escape Snape's mouth, a large flash of green light from above you. You and Harry look over to see Dumbledore fall out the window, Harry's breath heavier and yours shuddering.

you can barely see through the tears in your eyes, hearing Bellatrix shout "yeah!" and it makes you sick. she sounds so happy that she killed the man who brought you here to Hogwarts. You look at Harry to see how angry and shocked he looks, mostly shocked, and all you can do is sniffle and try to hold the tears in.