47

it's the morning after everything you saw. you spent the night comforting Harry and getting both your minds off of things before you had to go back to your room.

you're fixing your uniform as you make your way to Draco's room, you wanted to walk with him to class this morning. you knock on his door, waiting patiently for an answer. it takes him a few seconds before he opens the door, but he walks back into his room instantly, not even saying hi or looking at you.

you walk in and close the door, sitting your books on his desk. "Draco?" "hm?" he still doesn't look at you, looking around for his things. "are you alright?" "mhm, yeah" "are you sure...?" "yeah where is my book?" "which one?" "potions" you look at his bed and see the book very obviously sitting on the edge.

"its right there" he grabs the book of the bed, still not looking. "Draco... look at me" you walk up to him, standing behind him. "y/n..." "look at me" you whisper. he hesitates, standing still for a moment. he slowly turns around to face you, and you look up at him. his hands are shaking, he's not making eye contact with you.

the area around his eye is black, his lip has a cut just like yours. his cheek has a small brownish red bruise on it right under the black eye. "oh my god" you whisper, lifting your hand slowly to touch the bruise gently. "what happened?" "well... i did the thing i was scared of"

"which was what?" "i told my father about you, about us" "what? Draco... and he hurt you in return?" "he wasn't very accepting to say the least" "that's not okay Draco" "it doesn't matter, i just want to get to class with you" "okay... does it hurt?" "not as much as it did lastnight"

you sigh softly, leaning up to give him a hug, he hugs you back, finally feeling safe. you hold him tightly in your arms for a moment, not wanting to let go but knowing you need to get to your class.

you pull away from the hug, looking up at his bruised face. "i'm sorry" you whisper, him shrugging. "it's something i got used to a while ago, don't worry about it". "well... atleast we have matching cut lips" you laugh, he laughs with you before kissing your cheek and grabbing his books, opening the door and signalling for you to follow.

you step out of the room, draco closing the door behind you.

Pansy approaches the both of you on her own, "what were you two doing together? the deed?" she asks, standing between the both of you with her arms around both of your shoulders. "oh Draco, daddy hit you again?" she asks jokingly, making you scoff and shrug her arm off.

"don't be so sensitive y/l/n" she keeps her arm wrapped around Draco, but you watch the discomfort in his face. "what did you need?" you ask her, "just wanted to see what the two lovebirds were up to" "my father knows Pansy, you have nothing to hold against me anymore" Draco speaks up.

"well... no one in the school knows, i can just out you to them, cause some drama" he stays silent, and she finally lets go of him.

"you two are so boring, have you even kissed or are you just in the hand holding phase?" "Pansy, go find someone who actually finds you interesting. good luck, because there isn't many" he says, the 3 of you standing in the middle of the hall.

she looks offended, and angry.

"people find me interesting" "they find your body interesting, nothing else" you can't see a single bit of remorse or regret on Draco's face, he means what he's saying.

"okay Draco, lets go to class" you pull him away, leaving Pansy standing there watching the both of you. "whatever! go cry about it to your daddy Malfoy!" she shouts, gaining a middle finger by Draco in return. you laugh at this, pulling him around the corner.

"before we get into class... i have a question" you turn to him, watching him lean against the wall and cross his arms.

"what's up?" "your father knows... so what does that mean?" "well... he wasn't very accepting, i need to get him to be more for us, not against us before it's public" "right..." you stare down at the ground, just wishing you could be public now. "it won't be long..." "you said that last time" you whisper, seeing students enter the area you're in.

you stand back from him, beginning to walk into the classroom.

he follows you shortly behind. you walk into the room and see Harry, you feel nervous to go through with today. what you saw yesterday was scary, traumatising. you met voldemort face to face and for a moment there thought you'd be killed by him.

you sit beside Harry, who has his head down on the desk.

"hey..." you whisper, he lifts his head and forces a smile. "hey y/n" "are you alright?" "no... are you?" "no..." the both of you sit in silence for a second, before he looks at you like he realised something. "you stood in front of me", you turn to look at him, furrowing your brows slightly.

"voldemort... when he disarmed me, you stood in front of me. you could've died" "i know, but i wasn't just gonna let him kill you now was i?" he watches you silently, before nodding. "but something he said has been stuck in my mind all night" "what is it?" he asks.

"he said of course it's you who's here with him... and he said it like he knew who i was" "oh yeah... that was weird, and then he said you'd find out what he means soon" "does that mean he's gonna come after me?" "i don't think so, but even if he does... you have all of us. i won't let anything happen to you"