66

"Draco, i love you"

he stares at you blankly, like he's just frozen. "Draco...?" he interrupts you by grabbing your cheeks and kissing you passionately. you're completely taken by surprise but not hesitant, not against it.

you wrap your arms around him, sitting them on his shoulders, leaning up on your toes since you're shorter.

the kiss lasts for what feels like hours, but you have no complaints with that. he pulls away from you, but his face still close, looking into your eyes. "i love you too... so much"

"ooh we are at so much already?" "i've loved you since the dance... i knew i loved you then but it was too soon to say anything" "oh Draco..." a wide smile forms on your face, you feel the happiest you have in a while.

you're disrupted by sounds behind you, and you turn to see a few dementors entering the room. "oh shit" draco says, while you pull out your wand and point it. "Expecto Patronum!" you shout, blasting the dementors away in a large blue flash.

"that's my girl" Draco mumbles under his breath, but loud enough that you heard him perfectly, a large smile on your face before you turn to face him. "Draco please... fight with us"

"my father y/n-" "won't do anything... there's more of us then there is of you, Draco... it's okay" you grab a hold of his hands gently. "we will fight this together, then we can be together... you can stay with me here at hogwarts for the break..."

"really?" he asks, his voice soft. "yes... please, don't join them, fight with me, no matter what. Luna, she has faith in you, if i'm not here for any reason at all, go with her" "your friends don't like me-"

"Draco... Ron and Luna have faith in you, Neville is scared of you but he will be accepting because he knows that i... well, love you" he smiles at this, but you move closer to him, looking into his eyes.

"please..."

he places a hand on your cheek, "how could i say no to that face?" you bite your lip to contain your smile, but it comes out anyway. "come on" you grab his hand and pull him over to the Great Hall, the Death Eaters seem to be gone which means Harry must have done it"

"what are we doing here?" a voice asks from inside the hall, you hear Ginny mumbling something inaudible to them before noticing you and Draco walking in. she rushes over to the both of you, looking from you, to Draco, back to you.

"isn't he..." "you can trust him, he's with us" Ginny looks at Draco, her face Skeptical. "i'm trusting you for y/n, you break that trust, i break your legs" he looks completely surprised but impressed. "alright Weasley, i'll keep that in mind"

she pats his shoulder before walking back into the crowd. "see?" you smile at him, watching him roll his eyes in response.

you pull him in the room a little further, a lot of students have blood on their faces or dirt on their clothing. you notice some people you know missing, but you try not to think much of it.

you're approached by two familiar redhead boys. "hey y/n" you look over and smile, hugging Fred Weasley. "you guys are okay!" "of course we are" "can't get rid of us yet" George adds, while you hug him also.

"Malfoy" Fred nods, as in to welcome him to this side of the battle. Draco smiles a small smile in return, which makes your heart warm.

Harry, Hermione and Ron enter the room in a hurry. "Guys?" you run over to them, Ginny and Neville following. "what happened?" "we distracted them...

but what the hell is Malfoy doing here?" Harry asks, seeing Draco creep up behind you. "nice to see you Potter" "he's good Harry... trust me, he's on our side" you feel Draco standing right behind you, his body against yours.

"It's kind of hard to trust that..." "look Potter i know you saw me in the astronomy tower when Dumbledore died, but that means you also know i didn't do it" "but you would've if Snape didn't show up" "i didn't though, did i?" Harry goes silent.

"fine... but you break our trust-" "Little miss Weasley already threatened me Potter, you're all good" he has his arms around your waist now, and it shocks you that he's showing such public affection.

"so are you guys back together?" Ron asks, you stare at him for a moment, unsure of the answer until Draco says "yeah". you smile at the ground, "good... she needs you" Ron says softly.

"Where are the Death Eaters?" you ask, "they left all at once, like they were called" "do you know what that might be about?" you ask, looking up over your shoulder at Draco who is looking down at you in awe.

"Voldemort probably called them back, which isn't a good thing. it might mean he wants to take things into his own hands considering he didn't show up tonight" Before anyone can say anything, a few teachers enter the room, holding bodies in their arms.

Everyone's attention is now towards the teachers who are laying lifeless bodies onto the ground softly. you and the group you're with slowly walk over there, trying to get a look.

There you see the bodies of Professor Slughorn, Seamus Finnigan, Colin Creevey, Hannah Abott, Cho Chang, Professor Trelawney and... Cedric Diggory"

a hand covers your mouth shakily at the sight, tears filling your eyes. Luna slowly walks over to Hannah Abbott's dead body, sitting beside her with tears streaming down her cheeks silently.

Neville and Dean heading over to Seamus's dead body, and you slowly walk over to Cedric's body. you stare down at him, remembering the hurt he caused you, but it doesn't mean you're not saddened by the sight of him dead.

Malfoy comes up behind you, rubbing your arm and kissing your head. "are you okay?" he whispers, "no... look how many people we know died... Trelawney was one of my favourite teachers, she was so sweet.

Seamus was one of the funniest students, Cedric was once my boyfriend, Cho was a sweet girl despite everything, Slughorn was one of the nicest teachers... Hannah was... close to Luna, and Colin, look at him! he's just a kid..."

Draco turns you around and pulls you into his chest, you sob into him, holding him tightly. he wraps his arms around you, trying not to get emotional as well.

The room falls silent with the sight of the bodies, only soft cries heard from some students and teachers, Harry stares at the bodies, feeling a pit of guilt in his stomach.

"i need to go to Voldemort... no one else needs to get hurt because of me" he says suddenly, shocking all of you.