24

you accidentally slept in a little too late for your liking.

you run around trying to find your things, wondering why Luna and Hermione didn't wake you. you grab all your books and get into your uniform, leaving the room in a hurry. you walk as fast as possible through the halls and almost drop your books, but you catch them before they fall.

"y/n!" you hear from a few feet away.

"shit" you whisper to yourself, looking up and smiling as Cedric approaches. "hey, you have an answer for me?" "ummmmm, yeah?" "okay cool, what is it?" he smiles. you stay silent for a second, "uh, i- i wouldn't hate it" you nervously laugh. "but i do have to get to class so-" "wait so that's a yes? you're down to take the next step?"

"yeah Cedric, i'll um, i'll see you later" you giggle as you run off, you see cedric smiling at you as you do. you run to your class and open the door loudly, everyone turning around in their seats to look at you. you stop immediately and look around at everyone.

"you're late" snape says sternly.

"i know, and i'm sorry for that" "just take a seat y/l/n" you nod and rush over to the seat beside Harry, sitting down and putting your books on the table a bit too loudly. you scrunch you're face and sigh, as everyone stares again. you see snape roll his eyes as you whisper "sorry".

he continues teaching while you open your books, you look over and spot Draco listening to Snape.

you remember what happened the night before and feel a pit in your stomach, wishing it were a dream. "psst" you turn around and notice Harry trying to get your attention. "are you okay?" he whispers. "i don't know" "i felt like you were sad" "how so?"

"i don't know, when you looked over there i felt like a pit in my stomach" you furrow yours brows lightly, confused. you just ignore it, facing the front of the class and trying to focus.

after class when you're packing up your books, you see Draco walking out. you watch him and begin to follow when you're stopped by Ron's hand on your shoulder. "hey" "oh... hey Ron" "you alright? i'm worried about you" "uh... i don't really know how to talk about it with you" "you know you can tell me anything... even if it's about malfoy"

"alright well can we talk about it somewhere else?" "yeah, come with me" he begins walking out of the room and you follow him, he leads you to a quiet area and leans against the wall. you stand beside him, also leaning.

"whats up?" "well... Cedric asked me something big. and i made the mistake of telling Draco" "what was it and why would it be a mistake?" "um... okay Ron you can't tell anyone this... and i mean no one" "okay... what is it?"

"promise me" "y/n i promise you, what is it?"

"Draco wrote the valentines letter" "what?!" he shouts as loudly as he possibly could, you punch his arm as a reaction. "ow!" he rubs his arm softly. "so, he wrote all that nice stuff? doesn't seem like him. i thought cedric wrote it" "Cedric lied, Draco wrote it. he stopped being friends with me lastnight because he wants to get over me".

"that's reasonable" "it sucks. i like being friends with him weirdly enough" "i don't get what you see in him" "he's nice to me, very nice. Ron this really upsets me" "well just let him have some time, i'm sure he will come back, who wouldn't" "thank you Ron, sorry for your arm" "it's definitely gonna bruise"

you laugh at his dramaticness, then remember what you said to Cedric this morning.

"oh shit!" you say a bit too loud, Ron looking hella surprised. "you swore!" "Ron i agreed to something this morning without even thinking properly" "what was it?" "oh i'm so not ready... or am i?" "y/n what is it?" you move closer to him and whisper, "he wants to take a step forward"

you step back and see Ron's confusion, rolling your eyes and moving closer again.

"sex ron, he wants to have sex" you whisper as he gasps loudly and jumps back, groaning in disgust, "gross!" "once again, not really" "no that is totally gross... and you agreed?" "i didn't mean to... but how do i let him down now? i agreed, he will be so happy" "just say no y/n it's consent, he can't be upset"

"true... i don't know i think i might be ready" "do you like Cedric enough?" "yeah, i like him a lot" "do you love him though?" "well... well not yet, i don't think" "have you ever thought that maybe you have feelings for Malfoy too?" you gasp lightly and laugh.

"that's absurd Ron" "yeah you're right" he also laughs.

"so have you and Hermione said the big L word?" "no... but i think i do really love her" "aw Ron! this is so exciting" "i'm a bit scared to tell her, what if she doesn't say it back?" "i think she will" "thank you y/n" "of course" you give him a big hug, him squeezing you and making your feet lift off the floor.

you laugh and jump down, pulling away from the hug. "let's walk to charms together" "alright"